OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Anybody else notice?  (Read 8328 times)

Offline Rapscallion Vermilion

• Longbeard
Re: Anybody else notice?
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2019, 09:38:56 AM »
Just note that the article from Turku University referenced in the original post is not a peer-reviewed publication; it has only appeared on arXiv.org, which is a preprint server hosted by Cornell University.  Any prospective authors meeting the criteria to obtain an account can put something up, either prior to going through scientific peer review or without any plans of submitting to a peer reviewed publication. 

Offline tracker vi

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2019, 10:50:31 AM »
Just note that the article from Turku University referenced in the original post is not a peer-reviewed publication; it has only appeared on arXiv.org, which is a preprint server hosted by Cornell University.  Any prospective authors meeting the criteria to obtain an account can put something up, either prior to going through scientific peer review or without any plans of submitting to a peer reviewed publication.
This,Also it's from Infowars,Hardly reputable news.

Offline idgobble

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2019, 01:06:38 PM »
I've noticed how climate change has affected some of the upland game I hunt. When I pointed it out to some hunting buddies they were surprised but, after thinking about it for awhile, agreed. It was very obvious but happened gradually over the last 20 years so it wasn't noticed by most. Noticing it has helped us be more successful in our hunting.  I'm glad most other hunters haven't noticed it. A couple years ago, in a debate about climate change in my state Legislature, one of the denying legislators actually said, "Don't you listen to Rush Limbaugh?"  He was serious! ::)

Bay1985

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2019, 02:17:50 PM »
There are fluctuations in temperatures across the country now and since the beginning of time. The problem is trying to convince the sheep it’s caused by man and we can somehow fix it with tax payer dollars. There is no consensus to any theory on Climate Change. It is clear there are  some government appointed agency’s who’s whole existence is predicated on keeping the man made Climate Change scam going.

Both the picture and the link was borrowed from another discussion on the same subject. I cannot post a link from Tap talk without having to type out the entire link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2019, 03:02:50 PM »
Funny thing is after all this so called global warming the last 4-6 years have had almost more snow in NY then in I guess I would say the previous 4 prior years. Guess that means we are going into another so called ice age?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline mikejd

• Double Beard
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2019, 03:26:52 PM »
Of course climate is changing. It has been since long before we where here. Who should we blame for the fact that the glaciers that cut out half this continent disappeared. I dont think it was full size trucks.

Offline silvestris

• Longbeard
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2019, 03:36:06 PM »
Any human caused climactic change is the result of excessive fornication.  We have too many people to allow what we love to continue to exist.  One example is when driving at night it has become impossible to find a place to stop to urinate.  Too many people and on top of our people excessively fornicating our “leaders” have excessively opened the borders to those who refuse to assimilate.  It is a formula for extinction.
“[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer.”  Ken Morgan, “Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Offline tracker vi

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2019, 03:38:41 PM »
Funny thing is after all this so called global warming the last 4-6 years have had almost more snow in NY then in I guess I would say the previous 4 prior years. Guess that means we are going into another so called ice age?
Global warming may cause climate change , such as more snow in certain areas

Offline Spitten and drummen

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2019, 03:45:16 PM »
Oh my gosh! This tropical storm that just nailed us has to be due to climate change. I never would have thunk it!
“ RANGERS LEAD THE WAY”
“QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME “ ~ INFANTRY
“DEATH FROM ABOVE “ ~ AIRBORNE

Offline HookedonHooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • You gotta keep on keepin' on.
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2019, 03:56:00 PM »
The only "sheeple" are the ones that won't do the research. It's evident the polar ice caps are melting, that's a very measurable thing, and that obviously points to global warming.

The main question is whether we're just on a warming trend, or if we're harming our planet in a way that is causing this. In my opinion, I would guess its the latter, especially with reports of China secretly emitting CFC's that have been banned since the 80's globally, via the Montreal Protocol. This is a very serious issue, it's Trichloroflouromethane or (CFC-11) and it's burnt a hole in the ozone over Antarctica, likely meaning more of our southern ice cap to be diminishing in the near future.

Offline idgobble

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2019, 04:18:18 PM »
There are fluctuations in temperatures across the country now and since the beginning of time. The problem is trying to convince the sheep it’s caused by man and we can somehow fix it with tax payer dollars. There is no consensus to any theory on Climate Change. It is clear there are  some government appointed agency’s who’s whole existence is predicated on keeping the man made Climate Change scam going. 

You say,"There is no consensus to any theory on Climate Change."       Please explain why the following is not a consensus.  --"Multiple studies published in peer-reviewed scientific journals show that 97 percent or more of actively publishing climate scientists agree*: Climate-warming trends over the past century are extremely likely due to human activities. In addition, most of the leading scientific organizations worldwide have issued public statements endorsing this position. The following is a partial list of these organizations, along with links to their published statements and a selection of related resources."

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/ 

And while you're at it please explain why the organizations listed in the link are not credible and you have more knowledge of the issue than they do. 

As for the 97% claim :  " Depending on exactly how you measure the expert consensus, it’s somewhere between 90% and 100% that agree humans are responsible for climate change, with most of our studies finding 97% consensus among publishing climate scientists."

https://skepticalscience.com/global-warming-scientific-consensus-basic.htm

« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 04:44:12 PM by idgobble »

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2019, 04:21:58 PM »
Global warming may cause climate change , such as more snow in certain areas
Thing is it has been more like it was most of my life, so is it climate change or just natural weather change? I honestly believe it is the later.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Bay1985

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2019, 05:27:49 PM »

You say,"There is no consensus to any theory on Climate Change."       Please explain why the following is not a consensus.  --"Multiple studies published in peer-reviewed scientific journals show that 97 percent or more of actively publishing climate scientists agree*: Climate-warming trends over the past century are extremely likely due to human activities. In addition, most of the leading scientific organizations worldwide have issued public statements endorsing this position. The following is a partial list of these organizations, along with links to their published statements and a selection of related resources."

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/ 

And while you're at it please explain why the organizations listed in the link are not credible and you have more knowledge of the issue than they do. 

As for the 97% claim :  " Depending on exactly how you measure the expert consensus, it’s somewhere between 90% and 100% that agree humans are responsible for climate change, with most of our studies finding 97% consensus among publishing climate scientists."

https://skepticalscience.com/global-warming-scientific-consensus-basic.htm
You obviously did not look up the link I provided it explains in detail that the real percentage is 1.6% of scientists not 97% you notice you don’t hear them throwing the 97% around anymore? It was proven false just like there fake temperatures.

Bay1985

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2019, 05:28:54 PM »

One more time

Bay1985

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2019, 05:35:05 PM »

When your shown pictures of melted sea ice they never mention the fact that the pics are taken in the summer when Ice has melted or show pictures of the same area after freeze up. The ice caps are not melting. When the Global temperature rises by 54 degrees then we’ll start worrying about sea levels lol till then don’t hold your breath