News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Anybody else notice?

Started by Bay1985, July 13, 2019, 06:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

I'm just waiting for the BOOM now.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

idgobble

Quote from: LaLongbeard on July 16, 2019, 11:29:50 AM
Just took a count 11 people posted agreed that the CC is a money making scam, 5 disagreed and believe it is real. 3 made some comments but made took no position one way or the other. There were only 3 that actually argued or contributed to the argument and you were one of them. I'm not surprised you don't understand that.
Quote from: GobbleNut on July 16, 2019, 11:25:51 AM
Quote from: LaLongbeard on July 16, 2019, 11:10:11 AM
Quote from: GobbleNut on July 16, 2019, 08:09:22 AM
Here are some crazy ideas:
1) If any of us want to introduce a topic on this site, start off by recognizing that we are not all clones that have the same positions and attitudes on whatever that topic is.
2) If you know beforehand that your topic is likely to initiate a "forum brawl", then perhaps it would be best just to not bring it up.
3) Introduce any topic respectfully and in a manner that does not belittle, insult, or otherwise anger those with differing opinions.
4) When someone counters your position with a respectful response, do not immediately go to the "You don't know what you are talking about mind-set" and become disrespectful and insulting to them.
5) Try to stay away from hyperbole, "apples to oranges" comparisons, or general nonsense that has no basis in factual application to the discussion at hand.
6) Remember, you are entitled to your respectful opinions about something, but you are not entitled to your own set of facts that, in fact, have no basis in fact.
7) Remember Shannon's golden rule:  Be Nice! 

...If we can all stick to the above, we will be fine.   :icon_thumright:

How about not commenting at all of the subject upsets you? You may think you have to respond to every single post on the forum but that's all in your head. #6 I'll add if you don't have facts that disprove what someone else posted an emoji will not prove your position.

Why am I not surprised that you responded,...or that your comment reflects exactly the point I was trying to make?  Some folks here just don't get it.... 

Count me as one who believes the climate is changing.  There's plenty of evidence to prove that.  (Take a look at the chart linked to below) Count me as one who believes it is, at least, partially human caused. I agree with the 97% of climate scientists who believe that. "Multiple studies published in peer-reviewed scientific journals1 show that 97 percent or more of actively publishing climate scientists agree*: Climate-warming trends over the past century are extremely likely due to human activities. "  https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

Count me as one who doesn't think climate change is some worldwide money making conspiracy.  I also don't believe the world is flat, the earth is only 6000 years old, the World Trade Center disaster was a CIA plot, the Sandy Hook school shooting was fake news and the moon landing was filmed in a Hollywood studio.   There's a lot of other wacko conspiracies I don't believe but are too numerous to list.   I do believe Elvis Presley faked his death and is hiding out in South America.  Everybody knows that.  I just wish he'd come back and sing for us again.  ;)

NCL

I am in the camp that the climate is changing. Since there is anecdotal evidence, Patagonia glaciers that have melted back over a mile, melting in the polar caps. The big question is man responsible or just a contributing factor. With the huge carbon footprint that man has created over the last 100 or more years it would certainly seem logical that man has contributed. What everyone should remember that what is today will be different tomorrow as knowledge builds on knowledge. When I was a kid and read Dick Tracy I marveled at his talking watch, now I have one. So what is disregarded today may be true tomorrow.   

Old Gobbler

Quote from: guesswho on July 16, 2019, 07:08:53 PM
I'm just waiting for the BOOM now.
fvrrroooom ....ffft....vroooom
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon