turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Smokeless tobakky and mouth calls.

Started by Danger DAve, July 13, 2019, 12:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danger DAve

Do any members dip and use mouth calls at the same time?  Mostly just curious if it can be done.  Sometimes I think dipping is the biggest impediment I face to being competent at it. 

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

HookedonHooks

I use to chew, and I'll say it can be done but will destroy your mouth calls much quicker than usual. You could probably reduce damage if you used snus or pouches.

Rzrbac

Copenhagen and Woodhaven is the perfect combo for calling gobblers. I've been doing it for decades.

outdoors

Quote from: Rzrbac on July 13, 2019, 02:24:12 AM
Copenhagen and Woodhaven is the perfect combo for calling gobblers.

X 2. Great combo 
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Spitten and drummen

That combo will get er done consistently.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Sir-diealot

"Chewing tobacco is like sucking fish bait." Sorry, every time I hear talk about chewing tobacco I think of a bit Mike Warnke used to do. Edit: So you will understand. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUDc000M328
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Danger DAve

Quote from: outdoors on July 13, 2019, 07:56:25 AM
Copenhagen and Woodhaven is the perfect combo for calling gobblers.

X 2. Great combo
I'tll be grizzly and houndstooth for me.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

JLH

Copenhagen and Woodhaven is the perfect combo for calling gobblers. I've been doing it for decades.

If anything youre doing can't be done while having a chew of Copenhagen ...it aint worth doing!

Morgan

I quit a 30 year habit....nearly a year ago....I could run a True Double II and a dip of grizzly at the same time.....

mtns2hunt

I gotta say any tobacco use is plain nasty. Would not even dream of contaminating my hunting area with its use. Plus have you ever seen cancers of the mouth and throat? I have. A very sad sight. Each to his own but congratulations to anyone that quits
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Bowguy

I dipped for over 30 years , until recently, and never had a problem.

mtns2hunt

"I dipped for over 30 years , until recently, and never had a problem."

It's a percentage game. Life habits, genetics, overall health all play a roll in who may get sick or who may not. You may not have had a problem but what about the guy next to you. I most certainly wish you another healthy 30 years - tobacco free of course.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

davisd9

Quote from: Bowguy on July 18, 2019, 02:59:04 AM

Does not mean it is still not a possibility
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Bowguy

:emoticon-cartoon-012:
Quote from: davisd9 on July 18, 2019, 06:31:44 PM
Quote from: Bowguy on July 18, 2019, 02:59:04 AM

Does not mean it is still not a possibility

Don I'm not exactly sure what you're getting at?

Bowguy

Quote from: mtns2hunt on July 18, 2019, 06:17:45 PM
"I dipped for over 30 years , until recently, and never had a problem."

It's a percentage game. Life habits, genetics, overall health all play a roll in who may get sick or who may not. You may not have had a problem but what about the guy next to you. I most certainly wish you another healthy 30 years - tobacco free of course.

I agree w this 100 percent. I'm not saying anyone should. Listen I went through the wringer a couple years back and nothing I did brought it on. Kinda the reason I stoppped. I'm not doing anything to myself that ups the odds w health issues especially what I went through. I wasn't referring to the sick aspect I was referring to actually doing both, mouth calling n dipping.  If I misunderstood or anyone misunderstood me I hope this cleared things up. Way I look at it something is gonna get us sooner or later but how stupid would I feel knowing my actions caused an issue that could really mess me up? Silly if you ask me. What would I tell my kids I had to go early cause I liked dipping more than them?
Now let's be honest no one dips thinks like that but maybe they should. It's important they consider it at least