turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Backpack for carrying gun

Started by Sir-diealot, July 08, 2019, 05:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Thanks to everyone that replied. I had somebody contact me and they were kind enough to offer me a backpack. I appreciate all the comments and help offered.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

TauntoHawk

Buy a Kifaru gun bearer and you can put it on any pack and access it in seconds.Gun runs from hip to chest scope is nice and safe tucked under your arm.

its also way cheaper then buying a new pack
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ChiefBubba

Quote from: Sir-diealot on July 09, 2019, 08:13:10 PM
Thanks to everyone that replied. I had somebody contact me and they were kind enough to offer me a backpack. I appreciate all the comments and help offered.

If it doesn't work out let me know because I was going to look through my packs. I'm sure I have something. I'm like a woman and purses with backpacks. I just never can find what I like. Bubba

Sir-diealot

Quote from: TauntoHawk on July 10, 2019, 10:03:15 AM
Buy a Kifaru gun bearer and you can put it on any pack and access it in seconds.Gun runs from hip to chest scope is nice and safe tucked under your arm.

Thank you for the suggestion.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: ChiefBubba on July 10, 2019, 11:58:15 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on July 09, 2019, 08:13:10 PM

If it doesn't work out let me know because I was going to look through my packs. I'm sure I have something. I'm like a woman and purses with backpacks. I just never can find what I like. Bubba
Thanks, I will be sure to keep that in mind. I am that way with many things, drives my girlfriend nuts, then I buy her another purse or jewelry.

John Koenig:

TauntoHawk

Quote from: Sir-diealot on July 10, 2019, 06:21:53 PM
Quote from: TauntoHawk on July 10, 2019, 10:03:15 AM

Thank you for the suggestion.
I love the concept I don't think I would have been afforded the extra movement had I needed to take my pack off to fetch my rifle on a bull I killed in Idaho with a cow staring right at me. I might even start attaching it to my turkey vest so I can run calls hands free and not use a sling on my shotgun. I use it form all my rifle and muzzleloader hunting on any of my 3 packs

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sir-diealot

I do not load my gun until I get into position where I am going to hunt. Though my balance is much much better than it was I do still fall on occasion, if I can control my fall I try to fall to my right as my left knee is hammered, it pops out of socket sometimes when I am doing nothing more than I am doing now which is sitting at the computer. I wish that were a joke but it is not. The other way I try to fall is to my bum, also to protect that knee and other body parts. (Shoulders most recently)

If I can control my fall I would rather not have my gun to my right side though that is the way I shoot as I fear damaging the gun, however they also showed on the site that it could be mounted to let me carry gun on my back which would allow me to protect it more, even if I fell on my bum as the butt stock has a pad on it and would help prevent damage as well.

I normally hunt alone but deer hunting I do with friends and if God forbid I fell and my firearm discharged and hurt or killed one of them I could never forgive myself. For this reason I never load until I get to where I am going. I would rather risk the noise than a friend. I hope this makes sense as to why I would rather carry my gun on my back. Right now I am bringing it in in the case when I was turkey hunting all season, got a nice sling but feel it makes to much noise when I pick up the gun.

John Koenig: