OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Black Locust Striker

Started by Dirt Nap, July 07, 2019, 02:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirt Nap

Can someone point me in the right direction for quality black locust striker.  Harold Fowlers site says they are not taking any orders.  I've been trying to locate one with no luck for a while.   

bobk

Matt Mclain makes a nice Black Locust Striker. He is on this site = mmclain

Dirt Nap

Prohunter3509

Quote from: bobk on July 07, 2019, 03:09:42 PM
Matt Mclain makes a nice Black Locust Striker. He is on this site = mmclain
X2. For matt

doublespurs21

just to let you know,,, Mr  Fowler has passed away,,,,,,,,,,,,

Wigsplitter

Dirt Nap

Quote from: doublespurs21 on July 07, 2019, 03:41:41 PM
just to let you know,,, Mr  Fowler has passed away,,,,,,,,,,,,

Oh man i hate to here that.  How long ago?

tracker#1

X4 on Matt McClain

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Sixes

I agree with the McClain advice, but if you can come across a Fowler, they are top notch too

Turkeytider

Quote from: Sixes on July 07, 2019, 06:59:43 PM
I agree with the McClain advice, but if you can come across a Fowler, they are top notch too

Yep, Mr. Harold`s strikers are pure craftsmanship. Good luck finding someone who will part with one. They`ve passed into the realm of collector`s items.

Gobbler2577

I just got a few black locust strikers from Jeff Harrison that are great.  But I am a little biased as I think his are as good as there is.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Matt , makes some from FMJ arrow shaft and they accept field tips for counter weight , you can pick out the striker tip .. he had these at this years NWTF and was selling out fast .. one of his main seller's was black locust and diamondwood ... check them out on his facebook page .... great strikers ... with the counter weight you can change the balance and tone of the striker ...

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on July 07, 2019, 07:31:39 PM
Matt , makes some from FMJ arrow shaft and they accept field tips for counter weight , you can pick out the striker tip .. he had these at this years NWTF and was selling out fast .. one of his main seller's was black locust and diamondwood ... check them out on his facebook page .... great strikers ... with the counter weight you can change the balance and tone of the striker ...
Matt who Greg?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

Quote from: Sir-diealot on July 07, 2019, 07:49:44 PM
Matt who Greg?
Matt Mclain

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on July 07, 2019, 08:21:55 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on July 07, 2019, 07:49:44 PM
Matt who Greg?
Matt Mclain
Thank you.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."