OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Remington Full Rifled Barrel with Nikon BuckMasters Scope  (Read 1471 times)

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Remington Full Rifled Barrel with Nikon BuckMasters Scope
« on: July 05, 2019, 06:44:11 PM »
I am debating selling this barrel and scope but am not sure of the value and was hoping some of you may be able to help be. NY made it legal to hunt with rifles in the Southern Zone several years ago so I no longer have use for this. Here are the particulars.
Came of a Remington 11/87
12 GA
2 3/4 or 3" Shells
Fully Rifled 1 turn in 35"
24 and a half inches from end to end.

Nikon BuckMasters Scope 6425
3-9X40 Black Matte Finnish

Scope was put on around 2000 or 2001 and then I was not able to hunt much for 17 years so it is in really good shape.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline fallhnt

• Double Beard
  • "So easy a gun hunter can do it"
Re: Remington Full Rifled Barrel with Nikon BuckMasters Scope
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 10:07:26 PM »
150ish

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 10:29:04 PM »
My uncle is looking for barrel just like that , and needs a scope , I just sent him a text
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 10:45:43 PM »
150ish

For the pair? No way it can be that low, the scope still sells for 350 or more if you can find them if I remember right. Could be my 4-16 ones though.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Offline wvmntnhick

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 08:01:35 AM »
150ish

For the pair? No way it can be that low, the scope still sells for 350 or more if you can find them if I remember right. Could be my 4-16 ones though.
You’re correct sir. It’s not that low. However, to get the most out of your money, you may consider splitting the pair. I doubt you’ll see $350 for the scope but $300 for the pair would be in the ballpark. Might get a touch more if you can find the right buyer. I know what they’re selling those barrels for locally. If it were in a shotgun state, they’d bring more. Not sure where you’re located but that’ll impact sale value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Chordeiles

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 10:47:43 AM »
You might be able to get $150-$180 for the scope alone. There’s five of them for sale on eBay in that price range.
Not sure about the barrel.

Offline NCbowjunkie

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2019, 01:00:29 PM »
Hate to say it but fallhunt is just about on the money. The buckmaster is going for $130 new on amazon and used can find around $75. The barrel is about $75 used   the last slug barrel I bought for my 20 gauge I got for $35 new. Was on close out   Now if the scope was a Nikon prostaff it would add up to around $250 at most 

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2019, 01:12:49 PM »
Hate to say it but fallhunt is just about on the money. The buckmaster is going for $130 new on amazon and used can find around $75. The barrel is about $75 used   the last slug barrel I bought for my 20 gauge I got for $35 new. Was on close out   Now if the scope was a Nikon prostaff it would add up to around $250 at most
The one thing I saw on Amazon were the BuckMaster 2 scopes and mine is an original. I save been told by many that the 2's are junk so I would understand them going that low. To be perfectly honest if that is all I can get for it I will just keep it, I just thought I could get a little extra money for the North East Call Makers Summit next month.

John Koenig:

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2019, 01:15:54 PM »
You might be able to get $150-$180 for the scope alone. There’s five of them for sale on eBay in that price range.
Not sure about the barrel.
Okay thank you.

John Koenig:

Offline wvmntnhick

• Paintbrush Beard
Remington Full Rifled Barrel with Nikon BuckMasters Scope
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2019, 01:23:52 PM »
The one thing I saw on Amazon were the BuckMaster 2 scopes and mine is an original. I save been told by many that the 2's are junk so I would understand them going that low. To be perfectly honest if that is all I can get for it I will just keep it, I just thought I could get a little extra money for the North East Call Makers Summit next month.
You’re correct. The BM2 is not the same as the original BM scope. The 2’s are lower quality than the original pro staff series. Trust me, I bought one by mistake thinking I’d gotten a sweet deal. What I got was junk. The new BM brand was resurrected and has been bought with a huge misconception. Your current scope is much better than the stuff that’s there now but understand that it’s still a BM and not a Monarch. $350 is a huge stretch and I’d say that the $150-$180 for the scope is in range. It’s still “used” so to speak. Your barrel price will change based on several factors.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2019, 01:36:57 PM »
You’re correct. The BM2 is not the same as the original BM scope. The 2’s are lower quality than the original pro staff series. Trust me, I bought one by mistake thinking I’d gotten a sweet deal. What I got was junk. The new BM brand was resurrected and has been bought with a huge misconception. Your current scope is much better than the stuff that’s there now but understand that it’s still a BM and not a Monarch. $350 is a huge stretch and I’d say that the $150-$180 for the scope is in range. It’s still “used” so to speak. Your barrel price will change based on several factors.

Yea I was wanting 350 plus shipping for the barrel, rings and scope, if I can't get that I will just keep it.

John Koenig: