turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A berry good day

Started by Yoder409, June 29, 2019, 04:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

Me and boy just got back from a quad ride.

We were on a reconnaissance mission checking on a HUGE patch of blackberries we found a month or so ago when they were in blossom. We took 2 large lidded margarine tubs with us to snag a few black raspberries out the fencerow behind the house. Well....................ends up the blackberries are weeks from being anywhere near ripe. But amongst them were GOBS of purple finger fruits !!! We filled both our tubs in under 30 minutes. Shoulda taken a scrub bucket.

Tomorrow's another day...............
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

hush

What are purple finger fruits??

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Yoder409

Pick a butter tub full and it becomes pretty self-explanatory.    ;D
PA elitist since 1979

Rapscallion Vermilion

hush

Quote from: Yoder409 on June 29, 2019, 04:50:39 PM
Pick a butter tub full and it becomes pretty self-explanatory.    ;D
Understood! Sounds delicious. Ours never make it into the bucket!

Yoder409

I'm thinking over some.good.vanilla ice cream for these ones.  I've been known to whoop up a batch of wine here and there, too, so........

Now, I said my boy was "helping me"...........   ;D

He was picking by the Bernie Sanders method.   Of the berries he picks, 30% come home..........70% don't.   ;D
PA elitist since 1979

Spitten and drummen

Man , thats a great score. I love me some black berries.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Yoteduster

You got me hungry for some

hush

Quote from: Yoder409 on June 29, 2019, 06:06:36 PM
I'm thinking over some.good.vanilla ice cream for these ones.  I've been known to whoop up a batch of wine here and there, too, so........

Now, I said my boy was "helping me"...........   ;D

He was picking by the Bernie Sanders method.   Of the berries he picks, 30% come home..........70% don't.   ;D

Rzrbac

Cobbler and ice cream...doesn't get any better.

bobk

Been picking them since earlier this week. Have been enjoying warm cobbler with vanilla ice cream. Tomorrows diner black raspberry compote on salmon.

Sir-diealot

I remember picking Black raspberries as well not many made it home though, not after to quality control tasting team got done tasting them anyway.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."