OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Girsan MC312 Gobbler  (Read 6375 times)

Offline Twodogs

Girsan MC312 Gobbler
« on: June 29, 2019, 09:18:41 AM »
Anyone see the new turkey gun from Girsan? Everything I have read about the MC312 is very positive. Great finish and a lifetime warranty. It shoots 3.5’ and comes with a 24’ barrel. There is also a Picatinny rail cut into the receiver. The receiver and barrel are covered in cerakote and the stock and forearm in camo. Awesome gun for the price. MSRP is only $606. What do you think, $450 or slightly higher on the street? Heck of a lot of gun for that price.

I checked gun broker and buds but could not find the turkey version listed for sale yet. They have plenty of the standard MC312 for sale but only in 28”, synthetic is around $320-330 and the camo just under $400. See below the link to the gobbler.

https://eaacorp.com/guns/mc312gobbler-480

Below is the link to the standard MC312. Read how they tested the gun. Impressive

https://eaacorp.com/guns/mc312-432

Online Roost 1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
Re: Girsan MC312 Gobbler
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 10:09:23 AM »
Let us know when you find one...nice looking rig.

Online PharmHunter

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2019, 10:49:17 AM »
Never heard of them, but it seems to be a nice looking shotgun.  Might have to check one out for the money as a backup.

Offline strutstopper

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2019, 02:38:08 PM »
I have a MC312. It's an awesome gun for the money.

Offline superx2

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2019, 06:41:28 PM »
looks good.
really like the integrated rail

Offline deadbuck

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2019, 09:54:58 PM »
If it will function this will be a game changer!!!

Offline DeltaRunner

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2019, 11:15:42 AM »
I really like this shotgun.  My only complaint on the Gobbler edition is the camo choice.  Why would they use a duck camo on a turkey edition?  I'm assuming it kept the cost down some how.  Not that camo is a huge decision maker in choosing a turkey gun BUT there are obviously more appropriate choices out there.  I like how they are giving you the option of traditional or pistol grip stock.  May be they will offer some camo options.

Offline Ridge Rooster

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2020, 08:12:35 AM »
Old thread brought back up. These guns look really good and reviews I have read have been positive. Looking at these for a buddy who is ready to step into a more turkey hunting design shot gun. Have a couple questions to those who own one.
What choke tube thread pattern does gun use?
How are the triggers?
How are the red dot sights that come with gun and is the rail a standard picatinny rail so that any other sight with picatinny mounts will work?

Thanks
Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

Offline Kissimmee Gobbler

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2020, 03:20:55 PM »
I receive mine tuesday and will let you know...im not worried about camo color i am more wondering why the receiver and barrels are that new copper color that Benelli uses on their identical gun.  I mean your basically covering up the stock and forearm with your hands and shoulder, so why not camo the receiver and barrel? any ideas?

Offline Ridge Rooster

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2020, 03:37:43 PM »
Does it tell you what choke system? I cannot find any information about what they use. Just advertise common choke system??

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

Offline Twodogs

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2020, 05:30:33 PM »
Beretta mobile chokes

https://zenithfirearms.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/girsan_mc312-s1_mc312t_mc3512_manual_digital.pdf

Offline OJR

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2020, 03:48:30 PM »
I got one of the standard models in full camo to duck hunt with this past season. I feels great in your hands. A slim forestock and points easily and well balanced. Got it early enough to dove hunt with. I ran about 5 boxes of low brass 1 1/8 oz through it in September and then probably 5 or so boxes of 3.5" waterfowl loads. I did have a few FTF's and FTE's with both types of ammo. Some of the waterfowl loads were a bit rusty. But all in all I believe it to be a well made shotgun and hope to get many years out of it. I'm seriously thinking about picking up a Gobbler model and if it comes out in a 20ga. I'm definitely in.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2021, 04:01:54 PM »
I found them up here and I am thinking of buying the gobbler 12 gauge in the next week or so,they get great reviews. My father bought one in matte black a year back in 3.5" and had one shell jam  duck hunting,hes ran a few hundred shells through it and hammered lots of birds this fall, he is shooting 3" shells and the shell that jammed was an older shell.

He is happy with it.Just an inexpensive gun to go bang at ducks in chitty weather in nasty slash swamps. Id rather drag 500 dollar guns around hunting then 2000 dollar ones.

We used to go and out shoot Italians with their 3000 dollar o/u at the shooting range with 250 dollar beat up winchester 1300's, that used to get them all riled up.
Browning'....“The Best There Is”

Austin 3:16...........

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2021, 05:00:13 PM »
Does it tell you what choke system? I cannot find any information about what they use. Just advertise common choke system??

Ridge Rooster

Mobil choke. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Offline SM

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2021, 08:01:30 PM »
I bought a 312 Gobbler earlier this year with the pistol grip. Patterns good the few times I shot it. Might use it in spring for a bird if I don't use a 20 ga.

There is a 20 gauge 220 Gobbler. Looks to be a gas gun.

https://eaacorp.com/product/akkar-churchill-220-gobbler/