OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Numbers up in Maine and NH, Good and Bad

Started by zelmo1, June 25, 2019, 01:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

GobbleNut

:newmascot:  I have officially notified O.G. that I would like my screen name changed to "Keyboard Commando", accompanied by a picture of a troll below it....   ;D :angel9: :toothy9:

dirt road ninja

Funny thing about this peeing match is one most likely has forgotten more about turkey hunting than the other knows. And I've never met either one of them.

dejake

LaLongbeard

:welcomeOG:
Quote from: GobbleNut on June 26, 2019, 02:31:18 PM
  :thanks: :hb2: :hb2: :newmascot: :emoticon-cartoon-012: :toothy12: ::) :funnyturkey: :biggringift: :santaclaus:  I have officially notified O.G. that I would like my screen name changed to "Keyboard Commando", accompanied by a picture of a troll below it....   ;D :angel9: :toothy9:
:OGturkeyhead:
I see you changed the picture to a troll holding a Gobbler but what happened to the name change?
I vote keyboard commando or Gobblenut to stay no matter how much he has forgotten  :santaclaus: :blob10: :turkey2: :drool: :popcorn: :z-twocents: :santaclaus: :turkey2: :thanks: :lol: :z-winnersmiley: :wagon: :mycross: :biggringift: :hb2: :emoticon-cartoon-012: :deadhorse: :agreed: :fud: :P :character0029: O0
Not 100% sure I'm using the emojis right I'll have to ask my 11 year old niece to proof read it lol
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Sir-diealot

:newmascot:  I have officially notified O.G. that I would like my screen name changed to "Keyboard Commando", accompanied by a picture of a troll below it....   ;D :angel9: :toothy9:
Might I suggest
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

GobbleNut

Quote from: LaLongbeard on June 26, 2019, 05:02:02 PM
  :thanks: :hb2: :hb2: :newmascot: :emoticon-cartoon-012: :toothy12: ::) :funnyturkey: :biggringift: :santaclaus:  I have officially notified O.G. that I would like my screen name changed to "Keyboard Commando", accompanied by a picture of a troll below it....   ;D :angel9: :toothy9:
I see you changed the picture to a troll holding a Gobbler but what happened to the name change?

:TooFunny: :TooFunny:...And that's the best picture of the troll that I could find!   ;D
(I have some worser ones,...but they look too much like guesswho)   :angel9:

Greg Massey

GobbleNut , i think he was trying to offend you ... I think we sometimes need some good preaching on the forum ..  :bible:    It's all in good fun ... just enjoy the forum and life .... I'm glad to see increase in turkeys, in those states ....   :popcorn:   Hang in there GobbleNut ... us old people on the forum have thick skin ... :TooFunny:

guesswho

Quote from: GobbleNut on June 26, 2019, 05:47:26 PM
Can't be any worse than that picture I have of you with that turkey in a compromising position :turkey2: :TooFunny:   I want to trade my shirt with the big S on the front for one with a big KBC
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

GobbleNut

Quote from: Greg Massey on June 26, 2019, 05:51:56 PM
GobbleNut , i think he was trying to offend you ... I think we sometimes need some good preaching on the forum ..  :bible:    It's all in good fun ... just enjoy the forum and life .... I'm glad to see increase in turkeys, in those states ....   :popcorn:   Hang in there GobbleNut ... us old people on the forum have thick skin ... :TooFunny:

I'm too old and dense to get offended,....besides, I thought it was a compliment...   ;D

Quote from: guesswho on June 26, 2019, 06:02:41 PM
Can't be any worse than that picture I have of you with that turkey in a compromising position :turkey2: :TooFunny:   I want to trade my shirt with the big S on the front for one with a big KBC

:TooFunny: :TooFunny:  ROTFLMFAO   Dammit,...I thought I told you to burn that picture!  I could go to jail for that, ya' know! ...should'a never let you see it!  :angel9:
When can I expect that shirt?  I'll put the one of the KBC with a big picture of the troll on it in the mail asap.  (emoji here)

snoodcrusher

Traditionally hot turkey hunting states have a reduced kill for several years:  guys piss and moan.  Someone posts that a couple of states actually have an expanding flock with increased harvest opportunities:  some of the same people piss and moan.  Dreadful group often times.  Gloom and doom and the sky is falling.  It's the same type who think private land hunting is for lazy and privileged but also get mad if you hunt "their spot" on PUBLIC land.  These types probably weren't fun to play with as children either.  Jeez...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rapscallion Vermilion

Quote from: LaLongbeard on June 26, 2019, 05:02:02 PM

:TooFunny: :TooFunny:...And that's the best picture of the troll that I could find!   ;D
I've seen that troll.  Lives in a round house at the end of a dark canyon. Scary fellow, until you offer him a beer  :toothy9:   Legend has it there are a lot of bones scattered around.  Turkey bones, mostly, ...

GobbleNut

Quote from: Rapscallion Vermilion on June 26, 2019, 09:27:35 PM
I've seen that troll.  Lives in a round house at the end of a dark canyon. Scary fellow, until you offer him a beer  :toothy9:   Legend has it there are a lot of bones scattered around.  Turkey bones, mostly, ...

Now Mike,...you know darn well I live under the bridge NEXT to the house.  The house is for meals,...err, I mean "visitors".   ;D

Rapscallion Vermilion

Hooksfan

Quote from: snoodcrusher on June 26, 2019, 06:39:27 PM
Traditionally hot turkey hunting states have a reduced kill for several years:  guys piss and moan.  Someone posts that a couple of states actually have an expanding flock with increased harvest opportunities:  some of the same people piss and moan.  Dreadful group often times.  Gloom and doom and the sky is falling.  It's the same type who think private land hunting is for lazy and privileged but also get mad if you hunt "their spot" on PUBLIC land.  These types probably weren't fun to play with as children either.  Jeez...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly my sentiments as well.
Not exactly sure what the issue at hand is here. I'm not a regular on here, but I am familiar enough to realize only someone who was looking for an issue would take issue with Gobblenut or anything he has to post.
I have done my share of expressing thoughts of being careful about sharing info on public places and I have seen personally what has happened to Kansas over the past 20 years, but alot of these comments I believe stem from a fear of someone else killing "my" gobbler or yet worse....heaven forbid ....the thought of someone else being a better turkey hunter than I am.
Just relax and realize there are a ton of really good turkey hunters on here and the ones who are really accomplished are neither going to be impressed or threatened by other folks success or claims of success.  Once you learn to appreciate the skill levels of other folks and realize we all have plenty to learn from others, you will enjoy a lot of things in life even more. Just my 2 cents. Carry on.