OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: New Marlin call  (Read 4673 times)

Offline Southerngobbler

New Marlin call
« on: June 24, 2019, 09:06:51 PM »
I'm looking to get on Marlins list for a box call and just had a few questions.
Is email a good way to get a hold of him?
Does he use exotic woods or more of a traditionalist that use mostly domestic woods?
If he's not big into emails what is his phone #?
Thanks

Online wchadw

• Longbeard
Re: New Marlin call
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 10:18:21 PM »
He’s on Facebook as don Watkins you can message him and he responds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 10:21:00 PM »
Here he is on Facebook.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Southerngobbler

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 10:34:27 PM »
uhh, I hope I don't have to join face book just to have access to certain turkey calls. I appreciate the replies and probably should have stated that I'm not set up for face book. That's why i'm asking if he responds to e-mail. Thanks again anyways. 

Online Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 09:55:53 AM »
Most all your call makers are on facebook ... you don't know what your messing not seeing these call builders on facebook , they post pictures and sound files of lot of calls ...  during the off season some of them run little specials on boxes and pot calls ....

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2019, 01:30:30 PM »
Most all your call makers are on facebook ... you don't know what your messing not seeing these call builders on facebook , they post pictures and sound files of lot of calls ...  during the off season some of them run little specials on boxes and pot calls ....
[/quote
I agree I haven’t been on Facebook that long and this was one of the main reasons I joined and have enjoyed it ever since.

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2019, 01:35:50 PM »
Someone should be able to get you a phone number or something as I know he sends sound file via text.  There should be a way to contact outside FaceBook.
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline va longbeard

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2019, 02:45:38 PM »
I'm looking to get on Marlins list for a box call and just had a few questions.
Is email a good way to get a hold of him?
Does he use exotic woods or more of a traditionalist that use mostly domestic woods?
If he's not big into emails what is his phone #?
Thanks

If you need his number let me know he responds to text quickly

Offline Southerngobbler

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2019, 03:23:18 PM »
I have talked to him now and he's not taking new orders at this time. Gonna get caught up on his list and hopes to start taking new orders this fall. Thanks to everyone who responded

Offline va longbeard

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2019, 05:35:52 PM »
I have talked to him now and he's not taking new orders at this time. Gonna get caught up on his list and hopes to start taking new orders this fall. Thanks to everyone who responded

Yep I heard the same from a friend that he is not taking new orders now. 

Glad you got a hold of him though!

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2019, 05:57:25 PM »
Hoping to grab one from him myself in August at the NE Call Makers Summit, have heard so much good about his calls.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Online Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2019, 06:06:18 PM »
Hoping to grab one from him myself in August at the NE Call Makers Summit, have heard so much good about his calls.
  I can tell you if he has some with him at Call Makers Summit , you better be at his table early .. don't wait around and think he will have a call waiting for you .... He will probably sale out first day .... I hope your able to get one from him .. don't forget to get a picture with him and your new call... good luck ....

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2019, 06:29:41 PM »
  I can tell you if he has some with him at Call Makers Summit , you better be at his table early .. don't wait around and think he will have a call waiting for you .... He will probably sale out first day .... I hope your able to get one from him .. don't forget to get a picture with him and your new call... good luck ....
Do you know if he sets up under his own name at events or does he have a business name as well he may set up under?

John Koenig:

Offline Gog1015

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2019, 07:03:49 PM »
While your waiting to get on Marlins list I would also recommend getting on TJ Johnson’s list as well, he is making some awesome calls and has mentored under Marlin.

Online Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2019, 07:07:43 PM »
Do you know if he sets up under his own name at events or does he have a business name as well he may set up under?
  Look for the table with the largest crowd , that's Marlins table ....