turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hello from upstate New York

Started by Old Timer, June 24, 2019, 04:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Timer

Just wanted to say hello. Started out turkey hunting early 80`s. Not a lot of turkey hunters then in upstate. I read everything i could find,stopped at diners to jaw with guys that had more knowledge than me. One lesson I learned quick was the importance of patterning guns and loads. Took me 5 years to get my 1st bird. Always loved running and gunning, but now im appreciating field and blind hunting. Still learning and i have gotten some good nuggets on this website. Nice to be here!

Sir-diealot

:welcomeOG: I am also in NY Finger Lakes Region
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

NCL

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Tom007

Welcome. I also started in early 80's when the only camo available was from Army/Navy stores. Trebark came out I believe in 1985. I reside in New Jersey, but also hunt New York and PA. I enjoy and learn a lot on this forum, and look forward being a member. Thank you....
"Solo hunter"

bobk