OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Just WOW !!!!!!!!

Started by Yoder409, June 23, 2019, 12:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paboxcall

Time to resurrect this thread....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Lynchs-Jet-Turkey-Call/323887572400?hash=item4b693425b0:g:CzkAAOSwwghdWYRn

Used to hunt with a guy who had one of these, used it so much he wore a hole in the middle of it.

So, what am I missing here? Is nostalgia driving the price north of $350?
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Yoder409

Quote from: paboxcall on August 19, 2019, 08:34:33 PM
Time to resurrect this thread....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Lynchs-Jet-Turkey-Call/323887572400?hash=item4b693425b0:g:CzkAAOSwwghdWYRn

Used to hunt with a guy who had one of these, used it so much he wore a hole in the middle of it.

So, what am I missing here? Is nostalgia driving the price north of $350?

It's gotta be.

The Alabama Lynches ( just the garden variety 101's, 102's and Jet Slates) have been strong lately.  The more rare ones (Turkey/Pines, 12-hole, etc) are absurd !!!

As far as the Jet Slate goes..........doesn't matter to me Alabama, Mississippi or Georgia........it's like a '53 Plymouth sedan....... nothing special about it, but if it's 1953 and it's all ya got, it'll do.   I've never, EVER been the least bit intrigued by the Jet Slate.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

mtns2hunt

This is definitely collectors corner. I see nothing wrong in paying 600 or more for a call. It's called supply and demand and not many are going to sell for that price. That there is a gradual increase in the cost of calls is natural but there will also be market corrections. I see it frequently in  the less expensive calls I purchase. I set a max. price and if it goes above my price someone else takes it home and I wait for the next one.

I do believe that this forum has contributed to the increased cost of calls. I also think it is a good thing. Call makers spend countless hours perfecting their calls and building reputations. They should be compensated for their time and efforts.

The pricing of calls is very subjective and prices will vary but there will be available calls for both the poor and rich. Some of us just have very different ways of enjoying our calls.  My 2 cents.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

greencop01

My  :z-twocents: worth, a call is worth only what someone is willing to pay for it. I believe that the vast majority of us on this blog are working folks. So that means most of us, can only afford one  call a year from the high end callmakers. By high end I mean craftsmen that put the turkey in the call along with drop dead looks. I was one that couldn't afford the late Mr Laska's calls when he had them on e-bay. I was not envious or mad, just wistful. I hold no ill will towards anyone who can afford a call at any price if he wants it. And as for the seller good for him if he hits a payday on selling a call. It's just envy to blame this forum. Stop gripping and save your money and buy a call. Over the years I've saved and got a few calls from the masters. This sport we love is what we make it. I've been blessed with meeting some of the finest people I know in the woods chasing his majesty the Wild Tom Turkey. In the Good Book Solomon says be happy with your lot in life and thank the LORD you can be happy. I  guess I'll get off the soap box. I meant no ill will towards anyone and am sorry if I offended anyone.     :you_rock:
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

paboxcall

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

paboxcall

Jrkimbrough

mtns2hunt

Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Yoder409

Yep.

Seller with fat fingers, I'd reckon.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.