OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Real turkey dog for sale  (Read 3825 times)

Offline va wingbone

Real turkey dog for sale
« on: March 16, 2019, 05:53:02 PM »
After a lot of thought and unforeseen events I will be moving to State that does not allow fall turkey hunting and  having to drive 12 hours for a couple days of hunting a season is not worth keeping my dog. Maggie is 2 years old and busted her first flock at 7 months old. She is half springer spaniel and half black lab, about 40 pounds with Hair like a spaniel but jet black. She loads by herself and listens well, she is a ball of energy in the woods and covers a ton of ground but checks in if there’s no sign. She uses her nose and tracks turkeys silently until she finds them and then barks every breath until all the birds are off the ground. I have never tried to train her to sit in a blind with me as most of the places I hunt are small blocks and rarely far from the truck. She listens and handles great and very quiet in the kennel, and not gun shy, skiddish or aggressive. In the 17 months I’ve hunted her, she’s has found and scattered 8 flocks by herself and has never shown any interest in deer but will occasionally bark at a flushed woodcock or get birdy when a covey of quail are flushed. asking $650 but will entertain offers to a dedicated turkey hunter. If I were staying in Va I doubt money could buy her.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 07:46:23 PM by va wingbone »
"around here, turkey hunting is more like a religion than a pastime.getting close to nature, getting back to where we most belong is something we hold sacred.when we do get to take one home, we do so with reverence"

Offline va wingbone

Re: Real turkey dog for sale
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 08:40:38 PM »
231 people have viewed this post but no one has asked a question? Is the price too high or what? I’m not a dog breeder so I don’t know. Just trying to give someone the opportunity to own a great dog. I’ll give a trial as I expect no one to spend that kind of money on just my word alone.
"around here, turkey hunting is more like a religion than a pastime.getting close to nature, getting back to where we most belong is something we hold sacred.when we do get to take one home, we do so with reverence"

Offline 1ST DRAW

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 03:40:34 PM »
Did you find her a home yet? If not send me a picture. Where in central VA are you. BM is ok if better for you.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2019, 05:46:52 PM »
Not interested but some may want to know if she is house broken. I am guessing not by your line "she is quiet in the kennel"
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."