Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What are your favorite Spring Creek Box calls?

Started by Beards and Hooks, June 21, 2019, 09:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beards and Hooks

Hey guys I am looking to try out a Spring Creek Hewn out box and was curious what your favorite wood combinations are? I have some Mabrys, Farleys, Whites, and an SS and looking to get my first Spring Creek and would love to hear some input, thanks in advance much appreciated!

paboxcall

Lots of options but I hunt one of Mike's yellow heart over black limba short boxes. Killer combo.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Chris O

Walnut over mahogany and walnut over butternut. Both pretty basic combos but always sound good. He builds some nice calls.

Beards and Hooks

Nice thanks for the feedback guys, yes Chris they sure look and sound great and I am excited to chat with Mike after I get a handle on what everyone likes. Might even try one of his scratchboxes so those opinions are very welcome as well!

Southerngobbler

I have the mahogany scratch bow. It's cut out of one piece of wood and it quite durable. Easy to play and sounds great.

Beards and Hooks

zelmo1

My favorite right now is a longbox padauk over butternut. I just got a hand hewn and am tuning it. I love it so far.  I also have a walnut maple inserts that my daughter stole, lol. You can't go wrong with any call you get from Spring Creek. Al Baker

MDTOM84

Beards and Hooks

Thanks for the feedback guys, ,uch appreciated!

donjuan

Short box paudauk and red cedar

Scratch box padauk and butternut
Whoever said you can't kill em from the couch never was good enough to call a gobbler into the living room

Greg Massey

I only have one , it's long box Eastern red cedar over Sassafras .. i don't use it , it's a fine sounding long box .. if anyone interested in this call message me ... I will make you deal....

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Beards and Hooks

paboxcall

Mike is toying with "Frogwood," a laminate similar to Dymondwood, in a one-piece hewn box. I've had my hands on a prototype and with the right wood combo sitting on the Frogwood laminate, his new design is going to be awesome.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Beards and Hooks

Very interesting Pa box call thanks for the heads up  :turkey2: