OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Knight and Hale  (Read 5856 times)

Offline joey46

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Re: Knight and Hale
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2019, 03:25:52 AM »
Yes - wish them good luck also.  I'm repeating but lived in the LBL area for a decade, visited there for 20 years prior to that.  Bought my first tube call at their Cadiz barbershop.  Both K and H should be around 70.  Probably just time to retire.  They'll be missed.  My local Bass Pro had a few of their calls still on the shelf.  Might grab one or two for old times sake.

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2019, 06:07:38 AM »
Under the K&H brand, they make a gun holding system called the Universal Hands Free. Consists of a quality knee mount for the gun along with a strap on shoulder mount for the gun butt. Truly "hands free". Used it this past season. Really nice.

Online Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2019, 01:49:45 PM »
I have been trying to find 2 of their Knight & Hale KHT0013 Long Pot things to add to my vest for a while.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline larry9988

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2019, 04:39:39 PM »
Harold Knight can run a mouth call very well too. Two nice gentleman.

Offline tal

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2019, 06:59:05 PM »
 Harold Knight sounds JUST LIKE

Offline tal

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2019, 07:07:15 PM »
 A tidbit about David. He killed his first three turkeys and did NOT OWN a call.... Woodsmanship.

Offline strutnrut

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2019, 09:55:42 PM »
If I may... It's my neck of the woods and being a small town it's no great claim to say I know them, most here do. I cannot count the number of calls I've been given from Harold and David. They will be the first to give thanks to God and have unashamedly said so in their talks, and even in their game call packaging. Greg is correct in remembering the deer grunt call changed them from being a basement operation to a small company. Hard work, untold hours, and talent was behind continued growth. I've broke bread with them often after hunting between the rivers. Their humor and warmth make them a delight to just spend time around. I know the last couple of years they have spent a lot of time  hunting with family, their values are something to be copied. Harold took a tube goose call to national attention. I don't remember the exact year but around 1972 Harold won the world goose calling championship. The first legal hunt  between the rivers in something like 35 years was held around 1960. Out of 377 hunters (if memory serves) about a dozen turkeys was killed. Harold got a bird. His turkey knowledge runs deep. David is a hunter's hunter. I wish them nothing but the best.
Well said a couple of country boys that are Topnotch.

Offline quavers59

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2019, 09:57:31 AM »
I really enjoyed Harold Knight's and David Hale's Book-- Ultimate Turkey Hunting. Their Videos were very good as well.

Offline Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2019, 12:53:11 PM »
Good old boys, BOTH.

Had the pleasure of sittin' a spell and talking to them...………   Talked more about farming than we did turkeys or deer or calls.  Just two very genuine and genuinely GOOD fellows.

Wish them BOTH all the very best in whatever !!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Offline wkyhunter

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2019, 12:02:23 AM »
I'm just up the road from Cadiz. Have known Harold and David for close to 45 years. Both are fine men and true Believers!
As has been said before they sold the business years ago ( I think 1996) to Pradco. I wondered what was up when there wasn't a booth at the NWTF convention in February.
Last I heard David has health issues, but Harold was still going strong.
I wish both all the best as they move forward.

Offline Ctrize

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2019, 12:15:39 PM »
I too read their book. One of the best how to books out there.on spring hunting.

Offline joey46

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2019, 09:44:29 AM »
I too read their book. One of the best how to books out there.on spring hunting.

Yes - I "loaned it out".  It was an autographed copy.  EEEK!  Anyway I did like many of the tips for hunting public land.  The tip to spend some time driving around and noticing where the "local boys" parked was key for some of my early hunts on LBL.  Is this the book where they said they don't hunt States that allow rifles for spring hunts?  That obviously went by the wayside since several of their old videos had them shooting Osceolas down here in FL.  FL still allows rifles on private land but finally outlawed them on public.  Good book.  Good guys.

Offline paboxcall

• Paintbrush Beard
  • That's this about that
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2019, 01:55:35 PM »
Met Harold 25+ years ago at a trade show. We spoke nearly an hour about his favorite tactics for fooling public land birds during the inevitable henned-up gobbling lulls.

What a fine gentleman.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Offline dah

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2019, 10:38:44 PM »
I have over 40 slate calls , saw this thread and to my surprise 15 of them are Knight&Hale . Some are display ( the ol yellers ) but also carry others. I have high end and low end custom and production calls, killed more Gobblers with an old ol yeller than anything else. Still watch for and buy a ol yeller , don't know why , don't know why I keep buying calls like I do . This years birds were killed with two new Sinclair slates . Would like to shake Harold and David's hand , otherwise I will continue using and buying their calls. I thank them both and wish them well.

Offline tracker#1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
  • Big game tracker with dogs, Oathkeeper, NRA Endowm
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2019, 09:00:14 AM »
Met Harold at a trade show years ago, awesome person. He autographed a pair of "fighting purrs". I thought the "purrs" where a gimic until a friend of mine called 3 mature birds in that dam near ran us over. I then bought a pair and killed many birds with them. After he signed them, they stayed at home,  replacing  them with Quaker boy pair.....purrs kill.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk