OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Knight and Hale

Started by Greg Massey, June 21, 2019, 05:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Got email from the office of Knight and Hale game calls and they are no longer producing game calls ... they said they were going in a different direction ... What direction that is , i do not know ....sad ....

FL-Boss

Glad I just bought a backup... to my backup RNG turkey vest! 3 should last me a while. Can't imagine life without their vest...hopefully they will still make those. Seems to sell really good..

guesswho

Maybe they're going to focus more on fooling a turkeys eyes instead of it's ears. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Bay1985

Quote from: guesswho on June 21, 2019, 07:21:53 PM
Maybe they're going to focus more on fooling a turkeys eyes instead if it's ears.
I hope not a Knight and Hale version of the Hecs suit lol

Greg Massey

No need to poke fun at 2 icons in the hunting industry. These guys were great hunters and loved the outdoor , that's more than a lot of us can say .. especially those who think they're funny all the time on the forum...

Spitten and drummen

Met them both. Pretty nice guys. I wish them well.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

crenshawco

They've been out of business for a year or two now. They made their vests and pouches and snake gaiters under their name, but I'm pretty sure that's going away too. Another example of a brand ruined by a deep pocket corporate bunch

guesswho

Quote from: Greg Massey on June 21, 2019, 08:46:50 PM
No need to poke fun at 2 icons in the hunting industry
Not sure who your talking about poking fun at David Hale and Harold Knight.  But if it's me you read more into my comment than is there.   

Weren't they bought out 3 or 4 years ago?   My comment is in reference to the mother company.   Thought maybe the new owners have decided to target the camo clothing, blinds and decoy market instead of game calls.   
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

Bay1985

Quote from: Greg Massey on June 21, 2019, 08:46:50 PM
No need to poke fun at 2 icons in the hunting industry. These guys were great hunters and loved the outdoor , that's more than a lot of us can say .. especially those who think they're funny all the time on the forum...
I think he was talking to me. As mentioned they sold the company years ago and have had little to do with the operation same as Primos sold to a bigger company and then it takes a different turn in quality.
I've met them both myself and wasn't poking fun at them. Some people are just way WAY to sensitive.

guesswho

I'm not a big video fan, but I was and still am a fan of the old K&H videos.  Really enjoyed their videos when it was David, Harold, Walter and  Chuck.
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

tal

Pradco is the company.

Greg Massey

Regardless these guys deserve better form us ... positive comments instead, negative comment's .. they have volunteered countless hours to teach and educate hunters . Do you realize David was a pig farmer and Harold was a barber. They teamed up together in 1972 in a basement and started Knight and Hale game calls ... Great guys in my opinion.. Knight and Hale grunt call was one of the first and just about everyone had one , lot of deer killed with that grunt call....

mtns2hunt

Really liked some of Knight and Hales calls. Sorry to hear they are gone but everything changes - no use sweating it. New faces showing up all the time.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

tal

If I may... It's my neck of the woods and being a small town it's no great claim to say I know them, most here do. I cannot count the number of calls I've been given from Harold and David. They will be the first to give thanks to God and have unashamedly said so in their talks, and even in their game call packaging. Greg is correct in remembering the deer grunt call changed them from being a basement operation to a small company. Hard work, untold hours, and talent was behind continued growth. I've broke bread with them often after hunting between the rivers. Their humor and warmth make them a delight to just spend time around. I know the last couple of years they have spent a lot of time  hunting with family, their values are something to be copied. Harold took a tube goose call to national attention. I don't remember the exact year but around 1972 Harold won the world goose calling championship. The first legal hunt  between the rivers in something like 35 years was held around 1960. Out of 377 hunters (if memory serves) about a dozen turkeys was killed. Harold got a bird. His turkey knowledge runs deep. David is a hunter's hunter. I wish them nothing but the best.

Greg Massey

Quote from: tal on June 21, 2019, 11:33:25 PM
If I may... It's my neck of the woods and being a small town it's no great claim to say I know them, most here do. I cannot count the number of calls I've been given from Harold and David. They will be the first to give thanks to God and have unashamedly said so in their talks, and even in their game call packaging. Greg is correct in remembering the deer grunt call changed them from being a basement operation to a small company. Hard work, untold hours, and talent was behind continued growth. I've broke bread with them often after hunting between the rivers. Their humor and warmth make them a delight to just spend time around. I know the last couple of years they have spent a lot of time  hunting with family, their values are something to be copied. Harold took a tube goose call to national attention. I don't remember the exact year but around 1972 Harold won the world goose calling championship. The first legal hunt  between the rivers in something like 35 years was held around 1960. Out of 377 hunters (if memory serves) about a dozen turkeys was killed. Harold got a bird. His turkey knowledge runs deep. David is a hunter's hunter. I wish them nothing but the best.
Thank you for sharing this with us ....