Started by tracker vi, June 20, 2019, 07:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tracker vi

Well , are ya seeing any?

wchadw

I saw some this week in central Mississippi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3bailey3

I saw two hens with about 8 last week, but this week I saw two different hens with none but I know how good those  poults can hide

Yoteduster

I seen a hen the other day with 9..but what's scarry I seen 5 hens and a strutting gobbler and 2 Jakes last week so I think our floods that we've been having lately has wrecked alot of nest..

bossgobbler

Here at home we have two hens with 7 poults between them. We also have 11 hens with no poults. The 11 hens are mostly flocked up and sometimes flocked up with the toms and jakes. I have heard of other folks seeing some hens with poults. I'm always amazed at how any poults survive to adulthood. There are so many predators for them to avoid and the weather pattern the past two years has been terrible around here. Hopefully they start showing up more and more around the area.

MDSTRUTNRUT

Seen this hen with 7 poults three times so far in a median between a busy 4 lane highway next to a convenient store diesel pumps LOL  they can fly as I spooked them into a short pine.

bear hunter

not seen any poults in nc but I have seen hens

1iagobblergetter

I'm wondering if some of ours didn't get flooded out. Earlier this week I seen 3 Toms strutting with hens..

Caleb7mm

Saw 2 hens last week here in the north GA mountains. One had 6 and the other had 8 polts. Then yesterday saw 6 hens, 5 longbeards and 2 jakes together in a field. 2 of the longbeards were strutting??

Yoteduster

Yesterday I seen another long beard strutting with three hens alot of hens not nesting this year in my area

Greg Massey

Hen's are still hiding out in my area, want be long I'm sure before we see them....

wchadw

Quote from: wchadw on June 20, 2019, 08:19:08 PM
I saw some this week in central Mississippi

shatcher

Not seeing any in Middle TN.

Tail Feathers

I saw some hen tracks in the mud with one or two sets of poult tracks alongside. 
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

bear hunter

saw 3 diff hens now with poults one with 2 one with 4 and another one with 8.