OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Remington v3 blow back!?  (Read 2539 times)

Offline Rem Man

Remington v3 blow back!?
« on: June 18, 2019, 10:29:25 PM »
   Hello guys I bought a new Remington v3 and got to shoot it. I noticed that it has some gas blow back that feels like your getting hit in the face with a small amount of sand. I was wondering if anyone experienced this? I called Remington and they were very nice and said they will fix it. I bought the gun new but was advised that it was manufactured in 2017. I love the gun by the way and it shoots great.

Offline Ozarks Hillbilly

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Remington v3 blow back!?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 07:25:56 AM »
Sounds like the forarm isn't seating against the receiver properly. You might check and see if there is any excessive gap in that area. Maybe as simple as the barrel nut needs a extra click. Or they may not have gotten the interior of the forarm molded or machined just exactly right and needs to be cleaned up a little bit.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 08:03:52 AM »
It`s a VERY well known issue, tons of info on it on Shotgunworld. Briefly, appears to happen with some ( not all, by any means ) shooters and their synthetic V3`s . It has to do with the vented gas block. Contact Remington. Their customer service department is very good and has been handling this as a warranty issue and will make it right and have been doing so in an expeditious manner. Newer production synthetics have the unvented block and began shipping those about a year ago. Sounds like you got an "older" one. Not to worry. The V3 is a great gun. I have the walnut variant. 

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 09:20:06 AM »
I coach the 4h sporting clay team and few have them.   EVERYONE complains about that problem.  One put his down and would not  shoot it.    Never looked at them to see why they did it. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 05:22:08 PM »
I coach the 4h sporting clay team and few have them.   EVERYONE complains about that problem.  One put his down and would not  shoot it.    Never looked at them to see why they did it.

Easy fix from Remington.