OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Dogwood yelper

Started by antnye, June 12, 2019, 09:27:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antnye

Yelper I made for my 12yo son, Aiden, out of his Ga jake wingbone from this year and dogwood burl from his Nana's property.  He would play in this dogwood tree when he was younger. It died in the drought a few years ago. Now just have to get him to call turkeys in for ole dad!  ;D

Before we get blasted for jake killin' he is 12 and I give him a choice of what he wants to kill. And keep his interest peaked. He killed a big ole gobbler in Kansas this year as well.  His first Midwest hunt.  We had a great season! I called 10 to the gun and 8 of those on public in 3 states.

ccleroy

Nicely done!! Congrats!

EZ

What a gorgeous call Anthony. Your son will treasure that the rest of his life. I bet Ole Dad will kill a few from that call!!!

outdoors

Sharp looking call   :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Put this trip down'n  memory lane
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Rzrbac

crow

Very nice looking yelper, beautiful piece of wood

congrats to the young man on both of his gobblers, and to you for getting him out there.

coyote1

That is a sweet looking yelper.

Congrats to your son on both birds!

It's good to see the younger generation getting started right in the sport and now he has a call to treasure for years to come.

Chris O

Looks great, I give everyone the choice on what they want to kill it makes no difference to me if it's legal. That Jake may be his most memorable trophy ever it's up to the individual to decide. Plus he got a great call out of it.My first deer was a yearling doe and I remember it like yesterday.Congrats

Sir-diealot

Nothing wrong with shooting a jake. Nice looking call and really cool that he has so much connection to the pieces that make it.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Gobbler428

Great looking call Anthony. I'm sure both you and your son will bring many birds in with it in the future! Congrats to your son on his season this year!

sbbow

Very nice Anthony. Your son will treasure that call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KentuckyHeadhunter

Killer looking call and story Anthony. You gotta keep that kid killing birds!   
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

gergg

Nice call Anthony, great memories with your son.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

shoer2

fordhunt

Nice looking call for a great memory with your son . he will never forget the hunts with his dad ..