OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Devotion - Wednesday - 5/4/11 - Give

Started by lightsoutcalls, May 04, 2011, 09:08:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

Last weekend I had the privilege of being a part of a hunt organized to honor military chaplains.  I arrived at the lodge not really knowing what to expect.  I had committed last fall to make up some calls for the chaplains as a momento of the hunt.  When the calls were handed out with lots of other goodies from hats to fishing lures to camo gear, one of the chaplains came up and thanked me.  He shared that this would be a great way to remember the hunt. 
I tried to minimize the situation by telling him that it wasn't much, but it was a small way that I could give back to them for their sacrifice.  Chaplain Jay gently chastised me for minimizing how he had been blessed by the gift.  He went on the next evening to share along the same lines with the entire gathering, saying that we are all blessed with some kind of talents or gifts, and we become a blessing to others when we share what God has given us.  For some, it may be singing, for others it might be acts of service.  Some may have material blessings they can share with others, some may be able to encourage effectively with words.  He went on to say that YOUR specific gift may be one that nobody else can bring to a specific situation... so give as God has given you.  Bless others with that gift that God has blessed you with.  Wow!  That hit home.
Think about what God has blessed you with.  Pray that He would reveal how you can share His gifts in you with others.

Hebrews 13:16 (The Message)

16Make sure you don't take things for granted and go slack in working for the common good; share what you have with others. God takes particular pleasure in acts of worship—a different kind of "sacrifice"—that take place in kitchen and workplace and on the streets.

Have a blessed day,
Wendell

Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

BOFF

Great reminder Wendell!!

God has given each of us special gift(s) and we are to use them accordingly to perform His works.
How appropriate for this time in Tuscaloosa!!

God Bless,
David B.

Duke0002

Thank you, Wendell.  An important lesson for us all!

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Crutch

Thanks Wendell, this is a great word and much needed today, not only because of recent events, but just because the way the world is today.

Sometimes it is also hard or uncomfortable to recieve gifts, however when we avoid recieving a gift from someone, because we  think it is not necessary or unwarranted, we rob them of a blessing or minimize their effort or intent.

Great devotional today, thanks again.
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

Beretta686

Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

turkey slayer