OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Wet weather striker  (Read 1459 times)

Offline Southerngobbler

Wet weather striker
« on: August 23, 2019, 10:28:59 PM »
Do people use their Dymond wood strikers for their wet weather strikers. Seems like they would be ok  getting a little wet. I use to put my pots away in bad weather-mostly slates but now I have other pots that do alright in a light rain, I was thinking some acrylic strikers but I already have some Dymondwoods.

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Wet weather striker
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 01:28:06 AM »
Mike Yingling on the forum makes so great waterproof pots and waterproof carbon fiber strikers... You can see him, with one of his waterproof pots and water running out of it and him playing the pot ... check him out on the forum ...Now about using diamondwood striker , i think that has a lot to do with what you paid for the striker .. Is it diamondwood from the Rutland factory that burned that was turned as one piece or one of those 2 piece so called diamondwood strikers ? I don't think I'm going to use one of my one piece diamondwood out in the rain myself ... What you do with your strikers is your business in my opinion ...

Offline callmakerman

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 08:51:06 AM »
You can and I have used my dymonwood  striker in the rain. It works OK in a pinch.  I carry the wet strikers made by Al Holbert for Enticer game calls.

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2019, 06:29:04 PM »
You can and I have used my dymonwood  striker in the rain. It works OK in a pinch.  I carry the wet strikers made by Al Holbert for Enticer game calls.

Al with Enticer ( I have his aluminum Silver Thunder ) and Mike Yingling both make excellent wet weather strikers. If you want an acrylic, one I can recommend is made by Quaker Boy and if I recall sells for a little over 3 bucks. It really makes an aluminum sing!

Offline Spitten and drummen

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2019, 12:00:42 PM »
I use a cane creek cottonmouth in the rain mostly. I have a few acrylic and other material I will use , but that cottonmouth sounds so nice I would use it in fair weather.
“ RANGERS LEAD THE WAY”
“QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME “ ~ INFANTRY
“DEATH FROM ABOVE “ ~ AIRBORNE

Offline Beards and Hooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2019, 05:52:08 PM »
   I concur with a few guys above really like Al of Enticer calls wet strikers as well as all the calls I have from him.