turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

BROWNING BPS DISCONTINUED!!!

Started by longislandloco, June 06, 2019, 06:53:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longislandloco

A heads up, the Browning web site shows the BPS is discontinued, confirmed by my LGS, if your a fan and want one now is the time. It seems The Herstal Group is concentrating on the Winchester SXP line now.
"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun".....Old Moe

RED NECK

What a mistake that would be,there is no comparison the sxp is a pos compared to a bps.I seen last week a lot of their models were discontinued but it still shows the bps 12 3.5 nwtf available. I have numerous bps guns and never a single issue.I also have two sxp which are decent guns.I don't think this would be a smart idea from Browning in the long run.

https://www.browning.com/products/firearms/shotguns/bps/current-production/bps-nwtf-mossy-oak-break-up-country.html
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

mudhen

Link to this announcement please?

They do have a discontinued section for most of the firearms categories, but I see a large section of current 2019 BPS models...
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

DUCKDIGGLER

The old model of BPS is no longer being offered.  A new version of the BPS will be on dealers shelves within two weeks. A few changes to the extremely solid platform to make it an even better gun!  :drool:

RED NECK

No way that Browning would drop the bps line for the sxp line.It is going from prime rib to hamburger meat.That would be the dumbest decision in the history of shotgun manufacturing,from anybody.The sxp have their place and are somewhat decent for a "beater" gun but the bps is a cut above,in every way.

howl

Who does the BPS fit? I always liked them, but they never came close to fitting for wingshooting.

DUCKDIGGLER

Like you said, rumors.

Production will be the same as it has been for decades. What IS changing are a few updates like an Inflex Recoil pad, oversized trigger guard for ease of use with gloves, new synthetic stocks that will allow for cutting to shorten LOP if need be and a new updated styling to the gun. Same BPS as we have all come to love.

I would suggest that if the new updates don't matter to you and you want an EXACT twin to your old BPS.....buy one now.

DD :camohat:

Terry

Any plans for a 20gauge turkey model??

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

DUCKDIGGLER

Quote from: longislandloco on June 07, 2019, 07:18:57 PM

How did you come by this info...............?

Let's just say a VERY reliable source.  :icon_thumright:

Terry

I wish I could confirm this as well. I am in the market for a new pump gun and would like to know if I should wait or not

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

mudhen

Because Browning is going to give out secret info to a random caller!

Bet we see the BPS II in Bottomland camo!!

DUCKDIGGLER

Hmmmmm..... an update.....

https://www.browning.com/products/firearms/shotguns/bps/current-production/bps-field-2020.html

https://www.browning.com/products/firearms/shotguns/bps/current-production/bps-comp-2020.html

https://www.browning.com/products/firearms/shotguns/bps/current-production/bps-field-mosgb-2020.html

NEW -- A newly designed stock with a new look. Larger trigger guard. Matte blue finish barrel and forged/machined steel receiver, bottom ejection, satin finish walnut, pump action -- all with superior fit and new checkering surfaces

NEW -- A new stock feel and fit is here. All new composite stock and forearm, deeply blued steel receiver and barrel, Invector Plus choke system. The Inflex recoil pad system offers the ability to change length of pull.
:happy0064:

RED NECK

No swivel studs on the new bps waterfowl version?yuk.

mudhen

Integrated swivel hole in stock, works fine for me!

28" bbl in Bottomland will get bought if it exists!!!

Browning is really impressing me these days!!!

RED NECK

I don't see them in pics and it says none in the list of options.I assume it has them my other handful do.I want a new one for waterfowl I think.I just like pumps and the bps is the "king" for me. I don't see any newer options that will make me wait or hold off on buying one that is already out as they fit me perfect but I do believe it is a great idea to make the changes they did.

If I can't get a newer model in my hands within 6 weeks,I will just go and buy an older model,maybe they will go on sale around here.