OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Enticer aluminum ?  (Read 1751 times)

Offline coyote1

• The Boss Gobbler
Enticer aluminum ?
« on: June 05, 2019, 03:21:45 AM »
 Do you guys that own/have ran them prefer the silver thunder extreme or wet one?
I have listened to the sound files on his site but having a hard time deciding between the two.

Offline outdoors

• Limbhanger
  • 2015 forum supporter. “Outta’ the Woods”
Re: Enticer aluminum ?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 06:38:31 AM »
Get m both
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 07:55:22 AM »
Do you guys that own/have ran them prefer the silver thunder extreme or wet one?
I have listened to the sound files on his site but having a hard time deciding between the two.

Can`t go wrong with either. I got my Silver Thunder for wet days and to complement my Crystal Mistress in sound. Also, the corian backside of the call makes a nice surface for soft calling. Used it to soft cluck, yelp and purr with a Fowler snakewood to call in a late afternoon bird this year.

Offline idgobble

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 12:49:37 PM »
I love my aluminum/corian Silver Thunder. I use the corian side most.

Offline perrytrails

• Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 02:10:24 PM »
Silver thunder extreme, get Al’s carbon tipped striker to go with it.

Great call wet or dry

Offline coyote1

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2019, 02:41:09 PM »
Thanks guys. I do like the idea of using the Corian side as a second call surface, I like how it sounds on my screaming demon 2. I thought the waterproof aluminum would be a perfect call to compliment the demon on rainy days. It rained a lot this year so it got me thinking about more waterproof calls.

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2019, 04:40:28 PM »
Thanks guys. I do like the idea of using the Corian side as a second call surface, I like how it sounds on my screaming demon 2. I thought the waterproof aluminum would be a perfect call to compliment the demon on rainy days. It rained a lot this year so it got me thinking about more waterproof calls.

Yep, just rough a patch of the corian with some scotch brite. I find that you might have to do it a couple of times during use. You might think that they can`t hear it, but they can!

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2019, 04:42:39 PM »
Silver thunder extreme, get Al’s carbon tipped striker to go with it.

Great call wet or dry

Ditto on the carbon tipped, too.

Offline outdoors

• Limbhanger
  • 2015 forum supporter. “Outta’ the Woods”
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2019, 04:47:58 PM »
Yep, just rough a patch of the corian with some scotch brite. I find that you might have to do it a couple of times during use. You might think that they can`t hear it, but they can!
[/quote]                                                                                                                                                         

Besides there phenomenal eye sight  they do have.     excellent herring  .............
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2019, 05:05:38 PM »

Besides there phenomenal eye sight  they do have.     excellent herring  .............
[/quote]

" Excellent herring"?  They have fish? Just kidding!!

Offline Double B

• Longbeard
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2019, 06:45:15 PM »
I like the wet one just a little better and have owned both.  Wet one is as good as the silver fox, my favorite alum and the waterproof striker works well.   The thin corian wet wonder,  thats a real nice wet call too.  Hard to go wrong   :icon_thumright:
Followed by buzzards

Offline coyote1

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2019, 11:40:52 PM »
A gentleman on here made my choice a little easier. Offered me a thunder extreme at a price I couldn't turn down. I'm going to try my carbon tipped striker from perfection, yingling fiber rod and and an acrylic tip from Bill Baublit. It should sound good with 1 or 2 of those.

Offline jrinny

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2019, 11:12:23 PM »
Besides the carbon tip/ carbon rod strikers—— bloodwood on dry days really sound good on my silver thunder extreme.

Offline coyote1

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2019, 08:42:59 PM »
Besides the carbon tip/ carbon rod strikers—— bloodwood on dry days really sound good on my silver thunder extreme.

Thanks.
I will try a couple bloodwood strikers on it when it gets here. I have a Halloran and Bill Baublit that sound great on a lot of calls.

Offline jrinny

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2019, 08:58:39 PM »
The Halloran bloodwood is what I use on mine.... :icon_thumright: