News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How many Fiddleboxes

Started by Spitten and drummen, June 02, 2019, 10:48:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HookedonHooks

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on June 02, 2019, 06:40:43 PM
Misfit is a handled fiddle box with a lid and no matching bottom. A fiddle box has a lid with a matching bottom.
Marlin had a Misfit at Nashville that was Snakewood/Butternut(I think) that had a Snakewood sleeved bottom. This was the only Misfit I've seen this way, and it wasn't a full "base" it just fit flush with the Butternut and profile of the call body. I wish I would've taken pictures of it, it was an awesome call.

NeverRoosting

Quote from: HookedonHooks on June 02, 2019, 11:17:55 PM
Quote from: Spitten and drummen on June 02, 2019, 06:40:43 PM
Misfit is a handled fiddle box with a lid and no matching bottom. A fiddle box has a lid with a matching bottom.
Marlin had a Misfit at Nashville that was Snakewood/Butternut(I think) that had a Snakewood sleeved bottom. This was the only Misfit I've seen this way, and it wasn't a full "base" it just fit flush with the Butternut and profile of the call body. I wish I would've taken pictures of it, it was an awesome call.

This is correct, misfits do NOT have bases...I'll get that Snakewood/butternut call you are talking about out later this week and post a pic of it

Pooh4459

I know another guy that has one like that also. The bottom has snakewood just over the top of the butternut. I thought it was the only one like it but I guess theres 2 if you have one roosting. Beautiful call

NeverRoosting

Quote from: Pooh4459 on June 03, 2019, 06:39:03 AM
I know another guy that has one like that also. The bottom has snakewood just over the top of the butternut. I thought it was the only one like it but I guess theres 2 if you have one roosting. Beautiful call

Believe there are 5 from that batch like that and then I'd seen another one like that from a year or two before.

Pooh4459

Quote from: NeverRoosting on June 03, 2019, 08:02:33 AM
Quote from: Pooh4459 on June 03, 2019, 06:39:03 AM

Believe there are 5 from that batch like that and then I'd seen another one like that from a year or two before.

Oh ok. They are definitely nice that's for sure.

Chris O

Quote from: 3bailey3 on June 02, 2019, 10:59:22 PM
no Watkins but here is a small flock of hen boxes
Very nice those hen boxes are addictive to