OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Mossberg 930  (Read 1693 times)

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Mossberg 930
« on: May 30, 2019, 05:39:06 PM »
I have been looking into buying a semi for a year or so and I used to do a lot of waterfowl hunting from time I was a young kid into my mid to late 20's.I grew up with Labs and my father was once a small Labrador retriever breeder with top end blood lines off of marathon man blood lines.I believe in total our first female had two litters and our 2nd had two liters.My last lab was put to sleep in March of 2016 and I have been waiting for a close friend to breed his young female with some real good bloodlines and I am going to be a father in a few weeks,as she had a liter of pups May 2nd.

I am taking a female,we get the first two picks and I did some looking and researching into a turkey/waterfowl semi and think I have decided to pick up the Mossberg 930 in Black synthetic,28" barrel and It is drilled and tapped.I can use it for ducks and then have it setup with a little red dot for turkey season.

How do you guys like your Mossberg 930's? I really do not want to spend a lot as it is a duck gun and will be filthy and get dunked,scratched and used well.We head out west to Saskatchewan and Manitoba every few years to hunt waterfowl and I believe we will be going back in 2020 when our pups are a bit older.

CrustyRusty

Re: Mossberg 930
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 07:42:23 PM »
Nothing wrong with the 930, they are a heck of a bargain. But if i were to buy a new shotgun for your stated reasons I would get a Remington V3. They are lighter and come with a lifetime warranty. I have the turkey pro model can’t believe how little felt recoil it has. They are tapped for scope base as well and some models come with spacers for length of pull and shims. 
Good luck

Offline longislandloco

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 07:22:18 AM »
V3, 930, just about any will serve you well........if used for duck, get the camo, save you a bit of grief and maintenance.
"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun"…..Old Moe

Offline countryboy3006

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 01:34:55 PM »
I have a mossberg 935 that i use for waterfowl, turkey, and a few deer hunts.  I have different barrels for each one and it has worked well for me so far.  I like having the 3.5s for goose hunting is why I got it over the 930

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 12:55:54 PM »
I think I may just stick with my two browning auto 5's for duck hunting as I have taken a liking to the new Mossberg 835 tactical turkey and I can pick it up locally for a great price and I do not have a pistol grip 12 gauge right now.