OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Fulkerson Hen Box Information!  (Read 2511 times)

BottomLand54

Fulkerson Hen Box Information!
« on: May 29, 2019, 10:38:53 PM »
Guys most of you that know me know that I love Matt Fulkerson Hen Boxes.

I want to educate you to the best of my ability, not only are these calls just remarkable to look at the builder like most of the call builders is a wonderful gentleman who takes pride in what he does! Matt Fulkerson is a man who loves the Lord as I do and he builds an amazing turkey call! These calls play on both rails and play like they are running on grease.

Matt Fulkerson makes 3 different size and style hen boxes or Turpin boxes.

1) is a m1 it has a handle and is smaller then the m2 box the m1 is roughly 8.5” long on the base from end of handle to the end of the box. The m1 is roughly 1.25” wide at the base and roughly 2 3/4” tall from rail to base.

2) is the m2 hen box and it is longer then the m1 it measures roughly 9.25” on the base from the handle to the end of the box. The m2 is 1 3/8” wide at the base of the box and roughly
2 5/8” tall from rail to base.

3) is the non handled box, this box is about the same size overall roughly if your fiddle boxes and your Neil cost style boxes. This box call is roughly 6 3/8” long on the base and roughly 9 1/2” long on the paddle. It is roughly 1 3/8” wide on the base and 2 1/8” tall from rail to base.

The calls are beautiful and sound amazing!

I prefer to run them only with Dixon Red brick Chalk and like to clean them up with between coats grey 3m pads. (Scotch brite)
Also on the teak calls 0000 steal wool works the best on them rails.

I do not use any other chalk, also primos red stick chalk works ok as well.

Posting some pictures for reference.

To get on Matt Fulkerson list you can send him a message via Facebook pm or contact him at (502) 938-5866!

If anyone has any they want to sale you can also contact me I may be interested as I’ve posted in the classifieds Looking for them.

They are true gems and game changers for me hunting wise.

I will be glad to send any sound files and videos I have if you contact me via text at 828-855-5480

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 08:32:52 AM by BottomLand54 »

Offline shatcher

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Fulkerson Hen Box Information!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 07:18:02 AM »
Beautiful calls.  I have a bloodwood over English walnut on the way.  Can't wait to play it.

Offline Spitten and drummen

• Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Fulkerson Hen Box Information!
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 09:09:41 AM »
Nice calls. I love my hen box calls. They have their own unique sound. In my opinion they are the most realistic sounding call out of everything except a trumpet or wingbone.
“ RANGERS LEAD THE WAY”
“QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME “ ~ INFANTRY
“DEATH FROM ABOVE “ ~ AIRBORNE