turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Savage 220 Turkey

Started by redjones, May 29, 2019, 12:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redjones

Was looking around for a Benelli M2 20ga. ran across this article.
Might be what I am after,at 695 retail it could be worth a look,anybody seen one.
Found them at Buds Gun shop for 552 if anyone is interested.

Greg

https://www.americanhunter.org/articles/2019/5/6/review-savage-arms-model-220-turkey/
Semper Fi

Rapscallion Vermilion

I have one and love it.  Mine came from the custom shop before they were a catalog item.  It doesn't have the AccuStock, but fits me very well.  The trigger is superb and easily adjusted.  It is overbored and the bore looks perfectly smooth with a high polish.  Initial sight in with the scope was very close just with bore sighting. The gun is very nicely balanced.  Not a lot of weight out front. 

I've been very happy with the patterns out of it.  Here area a couple with 1 5/8 oz TSS #9,  40 yards,  circles are 10" and 15" diameter.  Outer counts of 55 and 56 are within the 20".  Choke was an IC BDS 0.575.

DrDirtNap

Quote from: Rapscallion Vermilion on May 29, 2019, 03:03:51 PM
I have one and love it.  Mine came from the custom shop before they were a catalog item.  It doesn't have the AccuStock, but fits me very well.  The trigger is superb and easily adjusted.  It is overbored and the bore looks perfectly smooth with a high polish.  Initial sight in with the scope was very close just with bore sighting. The gun is very nicely balanced.  Not a lot of weight out front. 

I've been very happy with the patterns out of it.  Here area a couple with 1 5/8 oz TSS #9,  40 yards,  circles are 10" and 15" diameter.  Outer counts of 55 and 56 are within the 20".  Choke was an IC BDS 0.575.

I've been looking at these guns pretty hard for awhile.  What kind of scope is that ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rapscallion Vermilion

Nikon Turkey Pro with MOBU camo

DrDirtNap

Quote from: Rapscallion Vermilion on May 29, 2019, 04:30:08 PM
Nikon Turkey Pro with MOBU camo

That's what I thought.   Sure wish Nikon or Leupold would start making a good turkey scope again. 

TalknTurkey

I picked one up a couple months to use for this season, it's an awesome gun. I deer hunted with the rifled 220 for many years, so once I seen they had a smooth bore model I had to have one. Prior to picking it up, I had always turkey hunted with a 12ga 870 SPS with hevi magnum blend using rifle sights.

So this was my first 20ga setup, first time turkey hunting with an optic, and I also switched to TSS. I absolutely love this setup and would never go back. It shoots great, holds great, and it hammered the bird I shot with it this year. I couldn't believe how the bird just dropped and did not move or flop at all.

I also really like how they added the accustock. I topped mine with a Vortex Spitfire 1x which sits up a little high. But with having the adjustable comb, it's not an issue.

Rapscallion Vermilion

Excellent.  First report I've seen on the production model.  Very nice.