turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Custom Shop M2

Started by redjones, May 27, 2019, 03:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redjones

Just wondering if anyone here either owns one or has been around someone who does.
I was looking at them online,list price is right at 3k,they are definitely a nice looking gun,with plenty of bells and whistles.
Another question I had is has anyone had the forcing cones lengthened in their 20ga M2,I have read about guys having this done in plenty of 12ga. trap guns but not so much in 20ga hunting or sporting clays guns.
Just wondering if it helped patterns in general or not.

Thanks..........Greg
Semper Fi

sasquatch1

I think it's over priced and that work is over rated

Pretty common and easy to get 250-300 in the 10" with tss without any of all that extra work and cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kwild835

Quote from: sasquatch1 on May 27, 2019, 10:12:56 PM

Pretty common and easy to get 250-300 in the 10" with tss without any of all that extra work and cost

This for sure!   Buy an M2, FF3, and choke.....spend the extra $1500 on ammo.

Mathews.1

My buddy bought the custom shop Rob Roberts special M2. I bought the standard M2 and mine out shot his. I was shooting a jebs .565. I personally don't think there worth the extra money.

redjones

I was just looking,way too much cash for what they are.
I'm probably going to buy a M2 20ga, but was wondering if anyone had one or shot one.

Thanks........Greg

Semper Fi

sixbird

Quote from: sasquatch1 on May 27, 2019, 10:12:56 PM

Exactly! The Custom Shop benelli's have a Fast Fire II on them, which is inferior to the Fast Fire III. They're lengthened and polished which can give poor patterns (sometimes). They also have the EDM porting. I haven't shot one but porting normally equates to NOISE. I have a rifle that was ported and it's LOUD!
You can do pretty much everything to a standard M2 that's useful for way less.
I'd go with an after market choke (Sumtoy is a good one as is Jebs). A trigger job and a Fast Fire III and you'll have everything you need...

sixbird

Quote from: redjones on May 28, 2019, 09:46:24 AM
I was just looking,way too much cash for what they are.
I'm probably going to buy a M2 20ga, but was wondering if anyone had one or shot one.

Thanks........Greg

Haven't shot one but have handled quite a few. Man, they're a sweet handling gun!

sixbird

Here's what one of the guys on here said about M2...
"I've read on this forum that 3" TSS Federals have trouble cycling in an M2 20 ga BUT that has NOT been the case for me.  Mine has flawlessly cycled 40-50 Fed TSS #9 shells without a single hiccup.  I have a .562 Sumtoy I use for Fed TSS 9s and an Indian Creek .555 I used with Win LB 6s.  There is no comparison between the two combos.  Sumtoy and Fed TSS is hands down the best performer.  I range between 275-300 hits in the 10" at a measured 40 yds.  That kind of performance in a 5.4 pound shotgun is tough to beat.  I've owned over 50 dedicated turkey guns and still have around 20 in my safe.  This M2 20 ga w/ 26" barrel, Sumtoy 562 and Fed TSS 9s is my favorite gun/choke/shell combo that I've ever carried in the field for spring turkey hunting.
I'd recommend it to anyone."

Shoebuck

X2 I am shooting the M2 , ff3 , fed tss 9 . The sweetest turkey gun you can carry.

Boykin Hollow

I am shooting the m1 20 gauge with my hand loads tss 9's with a Carlson's choke and burris fastfire 3 on it.  Purchased a Tristar 410 at the end of the season , got it set up but our season was over by the time I had it completed

tnhunter2405

Hello,
I do have one of the Benelli M2 performance shot 20 gauge.  I love the looks of the gun, but I've not gotten to do a pattern session with it yet.  I have an Indian Creek 555 choke and a Sumtoy 562 and the 570 Rob Roberts choke that came with the gun.  I,m really not sure if the extras are worth the price, but hope they are when I hit the range.

SumToy

buy a plain old M2 and have fun with the rest of the money going hunting.   Now save some the gas money for a choke and mount form me. lol  :funnyturkey:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Mathews.1

Quote from: SumToy on November 16, 2019, 10:07:52 AM
buy a plain old M2 and have fun with the rest of the money going hunting.   Now save some the gas money for a choke and mount form me. lol  :funnyturkey:
Absolutely listen to what the man is saying.

wchadw

I got the sbe3 with pistol grip and put my own mount and optic. Running the RR 660 choke. I figured I have pretty much same gun as performance shop for less $

5arraquiver

Sixbird are you shooting a ff3 on your m2? What are you M2 guys doing for mounting this sight?
Questions? Answer: Jesus