turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I found the secret to killing Maine gobblers

Started by zelmo1, May 27, 2019, 12:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

If you have blind luck constantly, then use it. Don't look a gift turkey in the mouth  :turkey2:

NCL

Quote from: zelmo1 on May 30, 2019, 11:30:44 AM
If you have blind luck constantly, then use it. Don't look a gift turkey in the mouth  :turkey2:

So true, I have a friend that consistently does it wrong and manages to kill gobblers on a regular basis but his luck is incredible.

zelmo1

I make a plan, then deviate per mission, lol. Best way to hunt turkeys is with a good attitude and never give up. We have all the technology and weapons and are still inferior. If you win once in a while then you have accomplished something.  :turkey2:

yelpy

Quote from: zelmo1 on May 27, 2019, 12:05:27 PM
Now this is only a theory, but has worked twice this year, so it must be the key. On my 2 solo hunts in Maine this year they were both in the afternoon and I stopped at McDonald's on the way there. Here is the key, you need to order a 2/$5 deal. Quarter pounder with cheese no onions and extra pickles and a 10 piece mcnugget with sweet and sour and barbecue sauces. Clincher is a medium root beer. I am not very superstitious, but if it helps me kill turkeys, then I will do almost anything. Good luck and God Bless  :funnyturkey:
I'd need a roll of tp for the woods if I stopped and ate at MCDONALD'S on my way to hunt Turkey.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: zelmo1 on May 29, 2019, 09:02:45 PM
There may be something to this, I talked to a buddy at work today and he gets the same thing but he gets the onions. He never mounted his gun this year.  This is science guys , hard facts and numbers. Me, %100, him %0. Numbers don't lie  :funnyturkey:
Can't beat a scientific experiment!! ;D :TooFunny:

zelmo1

Update, McDonald's parking lot may be a spot too. Taking a ride drinking my coffee this morning and saw 2 giant Toms strutting across the parking lot  :funnyturkey:

tal

He's moving too fast even for a run n gun. Nah, I think he's looking for a May Apple tree.

zelmo1

This method may be used and adapted anywhere, this is just a starting point. It just works here.  :turkey2:

wvmntnhick

If I had to rely on that exact method to kill a bird, I'd just as soon swallow the end of the gun barrel and eat what's coming out the other side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zelmo1

Just an observation, other " voodoo " methods work too. Like scouting and good woodsmanship  :funnyturkey: