OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: I found the secret to killing Maine gobblers  (Read 5230 times)

Offline Rapscallion Vermilion

• Longbeard
Re: I found the secret to killing Maine gobblers
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2019, 07:09:58 PM »
I can tell you what doesn’t work in New Mexico:  green chili burritos the night before

Offline Marc

• Double Beard
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2019, 11:16:56 PM »
Now this is only a theory, but has worked twice this year, so it must be the key. On my 2 solo hunts in Maine this year they were both in the afternoon and I stopped at McDonald’s on the way there. Here is the key, you need to order a 2/$5 deal. Quarter pounder with cheese no onions and extra pickles and a 10 piece mcnugget with sweet and sour and barbecue sauces. Clincher is a medium root beer. I am not very superstitious, but if it helps me kill turkeys, then I will do almost anything. Good luck and God Bless  :funnyturkey:

How many people are in your hunting group?
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Online zelmo1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Take a Newbie Hunting
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2019, 04:10:19 AM »
This year was myself,  my wife and daughter, 5 friends and two mentorees from NWTF/ NHF&G seminar. Everybody except the mentorees got t least one bird. We took 9 birds all together. Not bad seeing my wife and daughter are in their second year and my best friend has only been 3 times. Lots of enthusiasm but little experience. They are learning as am I. My biggest regret is no opportunity for one of my mentorees, he put the effort in but had no luck. The other put no effort in and he got what he deserved. All tolled, we had a great year. Al Baker

Offline eggshell

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2019, 07:34:21 AM »
I used to buy a box of Ding dongs every season and have one on the way hunting. Then someone broke the JuJu and it quit working, so don't mess with the JUJu Zelmo has going in Maine. As for the toilet paper, if you hunt with me you know more than bears crap in the woods. I sometimes have paper and sometimes I don't. That is why God created May apples,  the leaves make good emergency TP. I'm telling you he thought of everything.

Offline Cut N Run

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • North Carolina
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2019, 08:08:34 AM »
It is my contention that a McDonald's hamburger is the only thing in the world with just one side.   

I usually hunt hungry, it makes me meaner & more likely to want to kill.  I carry dried fruit & nuts in my vest so I can stay longer if necessary.  My hunting buddies also know that and always hit me up when they're hungry.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Offline NCL

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2019, 08:32:59 AM »
Now this is only a theory, but has worked twice this year, so it must be the key. On my 2 solo hunts in Maine this year they were both in the afternoon and I stopped at McDonald’s on the way there. Here is the key, you need to order a 2/$5 deal. Quarter pounder with cheese no onions and extra pickles and a 10 piece mcnugget with sweet and sour and barbecue sauces. Clincher is a medium root beer. I am not very superstitious, but if it helps me kill turkeys, then I will do almost anything. Good luck and God Bless  :funnyturkey:

What should a person do when the 2/5$ deal ends?

Online zelmo1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Take a Newbie Hunting
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2019, 08:46:12 AM »
You can still order it, just $7  :funnyturkey: I aint breakin the juju no way

Offline Marc

• Double Beard
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2019, 01:47:43 PM »
I used to buy a box of Ding dongs every season and have one on the way hunting.
Seems to me that there are enough "Ding Dongs" out there in the turkey woods already...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Offline NCL

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2019, 08:16:56 AM »
You can still order it, just $7  :funnyturkey: I aint breakin the juju no way

Laughed out loud at your response. But will the additional $2 change the mystic value?

Online zelmo1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Take a Newbie Hunting
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2019, 09:02:45 PM »
There may be something to this, I talked to a buddy at work today and he gets the same thing but he gets the onions. He never mounted his gun this year.  This is science guys , hard facts and numbers. Me, %100, him %0. Numbers don’t lie  :funnyturkey:

Offline TRG3

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2019, 09:17:27 PM »
Just hope that the ingredients for your hamburger don't come from China or even the $7 won't buy it. Somehow, I suspect that the China tariff thing is a great opportunity for businesses to raise the prices of everything, then slowly decrease the price just a little like the gasoline stations do.

Offline Southerngobbler

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2019, 09:30:44 PM »
No more onions for me

Offline roberthyman14

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2019, 10:16:35 PM »
Ever forget your toilet paper and have to cut your underwear off to use?
Deer season 2 years ago.  Fried pork chops for lunch. 1/2 mile walk to our afternoon stands   20 minutes in the tree my belly rumbled.  I came down fast.  Didnt make it far and had to sacrifice the sleeves on my thermals.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Offline HookedonHooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • You gotta keep on keepin' on.
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2019, 11:38:03 PM »
Ever forget your toilet paper and have to cut your underwear off to use?
Or calf high socks that are now loose ankle socks?

Offline NCL

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2019, 10:24:54 AM »
There may be something to this, I talked to a buddy at work today and he gets the same thing but he gets the onions. He never mounted his gun this year.  This is science guys , hard facts and numbers. Me, %100, him %0. Numbers don’t lie  :funnyturkey:

Maybe it is not the onions for your friend but the wrong mix of foods, for instance his combination maybe two Big Mac's. Your hypothesis is sound but there needs to be more field research including samples of products from Burger King, Wendy's , and for good measure Popeye's. I suspected turkey hunting ability had nothing to do with woodsman ship, calling and all that other stuff and you proved it....LOL