turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I found the secret to killing Maine gobblers

Started by zelmo1, May 27, 2019, 12:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

Now this is only a theory, but has worked twice this year, so it must be the key. On my 2 solo hunts in Maine this year they were both in the afternoon and I stopped at McDonald's on the way there. Here is the key, you need to order a 2/$5 deal. Quarter pounder with cheese no onions and extra pickles and a 10 piece mcnugget with sweet and sour and barbecue sauces. Clincher is a medium root beer. I am not very superstitious, but if it helps me kill turkeys, then I will do almost anything. Good luck and God Bless  :funnyturkey:

Yoteduster

That'll work..at least you won't get hungry while your waiting for a bird

Spitten and drummen

I would need extra toilet paper in my vest lol.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

HookedonHooks

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on May 27, 2019, 01:36:14 PM
I would need extra toilet paper in my vest lol.
McNuggets and sweet and sour. Better have a whole roll.  :funnyturkey:

Bowguy

zelmo1

Only in the woods 30 mins including the walk in and back both times, I held it  :funnyturkey:

shatcher

Ever forget your toilet paper and have to cut your underwear off to use?

Upfold99

Lol.. A buddy of mine had a similar superstition. Large fry and large sweet tea headed to the deer stand.

There been many a buck killed with fry and sweet tea on his breath.

Dr Juice

I will adapt this procedure for next year for sure since it is fool proof. I do have a question: if i switch out the sweet and sour for a spicy sauce, will this procedure fail?

zelmo1

Bad juju to change a winner, lol. You need to read the fine print on any guarantee. Mine is one of those Daffy Duck contracts  :funnyturkey:

Bowguy

Did you notice McDonalds found the key to robbing you? They made the patties smaller and thinner and didn't lower the price. I never go there so I guess it's a mute point but seems no one talks bout that.

Dr Juice

Quote from: zelmo1 on May 27, 2019, 06:23:58 PM
Bad juju to change a winner, lol. You need to read the fine print on any guarantee. Mine is one of those Daffy Duck contracts  :funnyturkey:
Yes Sin sei

Rapscallion Vermilion

Heading to Maine on Friday, but you can bet I won't be stopping at MacDonalds.  Hoping to snag some lobster rolls, whole belly longneck clams, and a few oysters.

zelmo1

I can get those anytime, gobblers are under a time crunch. I take too many other people hunting  :funnyturkey:

Rapscallion Vermilion