OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Halloran crystal calls

Started by Jimspur, May 26, 2019, 08:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimspur

Hey Guys,
                 Never owned a crystal call and was looking at the Halloran
Crystal Mistress, Twisted Sister, and Metal Mouth II. I've only listened to sound files of the calls and watched guys playing them on Youtube.
                 The Mistress sounds like it has great realistic cuts and high front end on the yelp. The Sister sounds like it has a little more raspy cuts and raspy yelps. The Metal Mouth II cuts didn't sound quite as good to me but the yelps caught my ear due to the fullness at the end of the yelp.
                  I know sound files don't tell the whole story. Any advice or recommendations on these calls.
                                              Thanks, Jim

MDTOM84

I have owned all 3 and my ear likes the twisted sister best, MM2 second and mistress 3rd. I know you said crystal surfaces but don't overlook his double glass, it's a great pot

zsully

I have the crystal mistress and had the twisted sister. In my opinion the crystal mistress is hard to beat.

Jimspur

They all seem to sound good in their own way.

WV Ridge Reaper

I tell ya what I own a more then a few pot calls and that crystal mistress is just a smoker!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jbird22

I've owned a Twisted Sister, Crystal Mistress, and og Metal Mouth. I still own the CM and MM. The TS wasn't for me. The CM is a notch above the others IMO.

Jimspur

Seems like most of you guys like the Mistress. Thanks for the replies.

spurz

I've got all three and the TW is my favorite, don't overlook his double glass, it's a smoker.

Jimspur

I also was eyeing the Double glass.
   For those that have played the Double glass does it play as easy
as the crystals?

MDTOM84

Quote from: Jimspur on May 27, 2019, 09:03:07 AM
       I also was eyeing the Double glass.
   For those that have played the Double glass does it play as easy
as the crystals?
just as easy and to me it doesn't have the real high pitched from. More of a older hen

Turkeytider

If there was such a thing as a pot call hall of fame, I would suspect that the CM would be in it.

Wigsplitter

Techn9cian02

I've only ever used the crystal mistress out of those calls but I can say without a doubt it was my go to pot call this year, in fact it was the only call that stayed in my vest all year!

Jimspur

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Bay1985

Crystal mistress but the twisted sister is also a good one, not a fan of the MM