turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Franchi Affinity 3 w/IC .555 and 1 5/8 oz TSS Handloads

Started by bowpro, May 26, 2019, 04:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowpro

When season went out I bought myself a new Franchi and all the necessities to hand load 20 gauge TSS.  I did a little testing today and I am pretty happy with my first go at it.  I was surprised the 20 yard pattern wasn't tighter, but I am happy with it and hope it patterns like that every time at 20.  What do you think?

bowpro

Mods move this topic to the 20 gauge pattern forum, I put in wrong forum. Sorry, I will do better next time.

Coop1082

Surprised it's that open at 20 as well especially with a .555 IC and what looks like a pretty hot core 40 yard pattern. Looks really good! I  swapped to a new load/choke combo this off season myself. Shooting Ronny Savages  Lil' Hammer 3" 1 5/8 oz load out of a Franchi Affinity with a .575 Indian Creek and it's fantastic. I've shot Hal's 2 3/4" 1 7/16 oz load with a .575 Carlson's the past two year with great results. Those Franchis are shooters!
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

3bailey3

bowpro

7 shot average 10" pellet count is 302. Low of 240 and high of 386.

I am going to shoot s few more at 20 to see what it does.

HILBY72

Awesome patterns, I shoot the same gun and load but out of a Carlson .575 very similar results. Their a nice shooting gun and a pleasure to carry in the woods.

huntinsomd

Those are nice tight patterns for sure. I started with a Carlson's .575 for my Franchi and then tried the IC .555. With 1 7/8 oz handloads it looked like the gun was overchoked so I went back to the .575. The patterns look fine at distances that are further than I would ever shoot so I'm happy with that combo.

Phire Phite

I mean, it takes all the fun out of it, but I wouldn't touch a thing. :z-winnersmiley: :drool:

Buy anther gun and try again.

BINK McCARTY

That looks to me just about for a good even pattern in the 10 & 20!!!