OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best sounding pot I own

Started by chufagold, May 26, 2019, 02:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chufagold

Out of hundreds of pot calls ive played this is the one that will never leave the vest  https://youtu.be/icgiFUmLSZw

larry9988

It does sound good, you play well too.

Jimmyj

The sound is great and it's not your first time running a pot call. Great job

Greg Massey

Looks like Clay Townsend striker .... nice sounding call ...

Bowguy

I'm no fan of the man that made that call but it does look n sound good. Myself I never owned a green slate til this year. I used it 3 times. Once a bird hung at just under 50, once I killed a double beard and once doubled on longbeards w a bud.
Thing I'm wondering, the call sounds great but does anyone else find it sounds better conditioning it  more than gray slate?
Not talking excessively just slightly more

chufagold

Quote from: Bowguy on May 26, 2019, 06:56:39 PM
I'm no fan of the man that made that call but it does look n sound good. Myself I never owned a green slate til this year. I used it 3 times. Once a bird hung at just under 50, once I killed a double beard and once doubled on longbeards w a bud.
Thing I'm wondering, the call sounds great but does anyone else find it sounds better conditioning it  more than gray slate?
I've noticed the same. It sounds fine not conditioned alot but when u do it just flat smokes.

Bowguy

Quote from: chufagold on May 26, 2019, 07:31:16 PM
I've noticed the same. It sounds fine not conditioned alot but when u do it just flat smokes.
Must be how the material is cause mine exactly same. Good not conditioned. Real good conditioned

ferocious calls

I would have to play it to give a proper opinion on the call. The way I hear it, it sounds like none of the 100+ Easterns that I feed daily. No offense, just not the tune I like to play.

As said above conditioning is important to get out of a call what's in it.

HookedonHooks

Quote from: chufagold on May 26, 2019, 07:31:16 PM
x3 here. The Green is lights out after a fresh rub with some scotch brite. Makes you not like it as much once a little humidity gets to it, but like you guys said it's still good enough if you can't condition it while closing a bird.

chufagold

The matching striker runs as good as it looks

tha bugman

Quote from: chufagold on May 27, 2019, 04:39:02 PM
The matching striker runs as good as it looks
sounds great!  I don't blame you for always having it with you! :drool:

BigSlam51

That's a good sounding call

Turkeyman62

Who made the caller pictured
Thanks
A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Turkeyman62

A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..