OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Stoeger M3020

Started by macobb, May 24, 2019, 09:05:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macobb

I am looking for experiences good bad and otherwise with stoger's M3020. I am comparing it to the Franchi Affinity 20. Just not sure if the Franchi is worth paying the extra money. I am planning on hand loading tss so would like to hear about TSS loads out of the M3020. Also does it come drilled and tapped? What chokes are you using and what patters are you seeing? Thanks in advance
Always wondering wether or not to give a cluck

zelmo1

I like mine so far, shoots heavyweights and 3rd degrees and longbeards well. I couldn't get the Apex #8's to shoot out of the chokes I have.  .554 and .569

surehuntsalot

I love my 3020, patterns longbeards pretty good.
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

BINK McCARTY

M3020 is a great gun, I love mine so far. It does not come drilled &tapped whereas the Franchi Affinity 3 does. IMHO the M3020 is just as good a gun as the Franchi just not as aesthetically nice lookin . Save the extra $ 250-$300 bucks and buy choke tubes & ammo !!! BTW...Kentucky gun company is gonna be your best bet on price.Good luck!!!

kramerj

I've got one I've been using for ducks the last 3 years and it's been flawless with everything, except it wouldn't cycle cheap target loads.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Turkeyfever

If you get the stoeger m3020 model 31871 it is drilled and tapped, 24 inch barrel  mossy oak obsession and made for turkey hunting. I picked one up and shot some low brass through it and it worked fine. Keep in mind that I just got mine so I have lots more shooting to do. The gun feels great and I also held the Franchi. Both guns felt really good but I came home with the Stoeger.

TNTRKYHunter

I recently purchased an m3020 turkey edition. Unfortunately it did not come drilled and tapped. I plan on shooting hand loaded TSS #9's. I plan on having the receiver drilled and tapped. Does anyone happen to know what scope rail will fit the receiver? I will either be mounting a Burris FF or vortex sight. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SumToy

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA