turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Slam mount ideas?

Started by kellyguinn, May 22, 2019, 10:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kellyguinn

I eventually want to get all 4 full mounts but waiting on big enough birds for that. I have a Rio full mount just haven't been lucky enough to get the others without broken spurs or beard rot lol.

Looking for fan mount ideas for displaying all 4 fans together on the wall. Only have 3 of the 4 but hopefully I'll get an opportunity to get after the Osceola soon. I'll put a couple pics up of some things I have seen so far. Really surprised no one puts out a pre-made plaque for this yet, at least I haven't been able to find one anyway.

kellyguinn

Here are 2 ideas and 1 I found online that I think looks pretty cool.

WV Ridge Reaper

Do cape mounts,I have two bird fully mounted and I regret it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kellyguinn

I thought about that but I already have the fans of the Rio, Eastern and Merriams. I have a big Rio mounted and will probably still get the others if I ever get em big enough as I will be building an entertainment center with the top of it a shelf to accommodate 4 full mounts. That may be years away though lol. Hoping to get after the Osceola this coming year and it may be a few years before I can find the time to get back up to the Black Hills for another Merriam

Yoteduster

Google up 'turkey fan man' he make some nice multiple fan plaques

kellyguinn

If I could get him to do some engraving on it I might go that way. He said he is too busy to do it though

MK M GOBL

I'm sure I could come up with something for you, or if you have an idea, i do a lot of custom work. Take a look at my page and PM if you like.

https://m.facebook.com/FanaticTurkeyDisplays/

MK M GOBL

aclawrence

I really like the bar wood frame with engravings and pictures above. That's pretty awesome. After just getting my first full mount turkey, I don't know where I'd put 4 of them. They would take up a lot of space but if you have the places then for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kellyguinn

I was really liking that one as well but I laid some spare fans down and the smallest I could get it to work would be about 53" from fan tip to fan tip. That's using a 24" frame. All my fans are 24" across except the Merriam and its 29"

2nd 100

5 subspecies full body mounted plus a Bearded Osceola hen , Cape mounts of the 2nd of sub species (awaiting arival of 2nd Goulds ) and a full fan mount set of the 3rd grand slam . they sure take up alot of room but you remember everyone at a glance . and thats getting harder with the passing years , first slam was in 2001 and just completed my 10 th this year. The 2 Goulds were in 2015. And I still say it was worth every penny spent .

kellyguinn

Quote from: 2nd 100 on June 04, 2019, 11:25:58 PM
5 subspecies full body mounted plus a Bearded Osceola hen , Cape mounts of the 2nd of sub species (awaiting arival of 2nd Goulds ) and a full fan mount set of the 3rd grand slam . they sure take up alot of room but you remember everyone at a glance . and thats getting harder with the passing years , first slam was in 2001 and just completed my 10 th this year. The 2 Goulds were in 2015. And I still say it was worth every penny spent .

Congrats, Thats amazing. I am hoping to get a crack at an Osceola next season (been putting in for quota hunts). Finding time and money has been tough for sure to justify the trips but I have been enjoying it. Haven't gotten a guide yet but I sure would if i ever get the chance for the Gould. I'm 45 and had my first turkey hunt around 2005 but really didn't get heavy into it until about 5 years ago. Now I can't seem to get enough lol. I even have found myself calling them in and watching them instead of taking one just so my season can last a little longer.