OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Slam mount ideas?  (Read 4330 times)

Offline kellyguinn

Slam mount ideas?
« on: May 22, 2019, 10:04:23 AM »
I eventually want to get all 4 full mounts but waiting on big enough birds for that. I have a Rio full mount just haven't been lucky enough to get the others without broken spurs or beard rot lol.

Looking for fan mount ideas for displaying all 4 fans together on the wall. Only have 3 of the 4 but hopefully I'll get an opportunity to get after the Osceola soon. I'll put a couple pics up of some things I have seen so far. Really surprised no one puts out a pre-made plaque for this yet, at least I haven't been able to find one anyway.

Offline kellyguinn

Re: Slam mount ideas?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 10:17:00 AM »
Here are 2 ideas and 1 I found online that I think looks pretty cool.

Online WV Ridge Reaper

• Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 10:42:02 AM »
Do cape mounts,I have two bird fully mounted and I regret it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kellyguinn

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 03:58:49 PM »
I thought about that but I already have the fans of the Rio, Eastern and Merriams. I have a big Rio mounted and will probably still get the others if I ever get em big enough as I will be building an entertainment center with the top of it a shelf to accommodate 4 full mounts. That may be years away though lol. Hoping to get after the Osceola this coming year and it may be a few years before I can find the time to get back up to the Black Hills for another Merriam

Offline Yoteduster

• Double Beard
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 07:27:16 PM »
Google up 'turkey fan man' he make some nice multiple fan plaques

Offline kellyguinn

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 03:13:24 PM »
If I could get him to do some engraving on it I might go that way. He said he is too busy to do it though

Offline MK M GOBL

• Double Beard
  • Gobbler Guru
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 04:56:35 PM »
I'm sure I could come up with something for you, or if you have an idea, i do a lot of custom work. Take a look at my page and PM if you like.

https://m.facebook.com/FanaticTurkeyDisplays/

MK M GOBL

Online aclawrence

• Longbeard
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2019, 09:31:48 AM »
I really like the bar wood frame with engravings and pictures above. That’s pretty awesome. After just getting my first full mount turkey, I don’t know where I’d put 4 of them. They would take up a lot of space but if you have the places then for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kellyguinn

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2019, 12:14:23 PM »
I was really liking that one as well but I laid some spare fans down and the smallest I could get it to work would be about 53" from fan tip to fan tip. That's using a 24" frame. All my fans are 24" across except the Merriam and its 29"

Offline 2nd 100

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2019, 11:25:58 PM »
5 subspecies full body mounted plus a Bearded Osceola hen , Cape mounts of the 2nd of sub species (awaiting arival of 2nd Goulds ) and a full fan mount set of the 3rd grand slam . they sure take up alot of room but you remember everyone at a glance . and thats getting harder with the passing years , first slam was in 2001 and just completed my 10 th this year. The 2 Goulds were in 2015. And I still say it was worth every penny spent .

Offline kellyguinn

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2019, 08:58:32 AM »
5 subspecies full body mounted plus a Bearded Osceola hen , Cape mounts of the 2nd of sub species (awaiting arival of 2nd Goulds ) and a full fan mount set of the 3rd grand slam . they sure take up alot of room but you remember everyone at a glance . and thats getting harder with the passing years , first slam was in 2001 and just completed my 10 th this year. The 2 Goulds were in 2015. And I still say it was worth every penny spent .

Congrats, Thats amazing. I am hoping to get a crack at an Osceola next season (been putting in for quota hunts). Finding time and money has been tough for sure to justify the trips but I have been enjoying it. Haven't gotten a guide yet but I sure would if i ever get the chance for the Gould. I'm 45 and had my first turkey hunt around 2005 but really didn't get heavy into it until about 5 years ago. Now I can't seem to get enough lol. I even have found myself calling them in and watching them instead of taking one just so my season can last a little longer.