OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Are you a turkey counter ??  (Read 5932 times)

Offline NCL

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
Re: Are you a turkey counter ??
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2019, 06:38:10 PM »
Know how many killed, missed and passed up. Do not get many opportunities so it is an easy count

Offline falltoms

« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2019, 08:20:28 PM »
If I looked in my journal, yes I could tell. I started Turkey hunting in the late 80's, spring and fall. No matter what the numbers are, there's always more that humiliate me. And that's what it's all about, and makes it so much fun. Hunt like there is no tomorrow, cause there might not be.

Offline deerhunt1988

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2019, 02:46:30 AM »
Yup, keep a very detailed spreadsheet. I can tell you the date and time of harvest, location, distance, stats, and about anything else you'd want to ask about a bird. Keep a running tally of birds/state, % of birds on public land, number of National Forests, number of counties in my home state, etc.  Plan on continuing it until the end.

Offline bonasa

« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2019, 07:27:41 AM »
Yes I count turkey's. My own and birds I called to the gun or bow of others, I also have weather data, total birds observed and heard for every hunt in the past 22 years and the distances of each shot.