OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rob Roberts gun works

Started by tracker#1, August 28, 2019, 03:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tracker#1

Just want to give a shout out to Rob Roberts gun works and Doug. Great customer service Doug. I'm new to the 20 gauge game. I sent my barrel to them to have forcing cone work done and they did a awesome job figuring out the problem with the barrel. I just recently started rolling my own shells. The gun shot a super wide pattern. So I thought it was me being new to reloading and how I was using the load recipe. After a lot of head scratching and trying to figure out what the hell I was doing wrong loading, a friend suggested trying another barrel from another gun. You would think, (don't forget rookie) that all gun barrels are created equal. NOT, so I found out when I shot another barrel. Rob and Doug re-cut the forcing cone and polished the barrel, shot several targets with Apex loads, hevi- shot and blends. The barrel shot all loads well. They sent me the targets also. They took a junk barrel and made it a shooter.....and I got my confidence back for reloading. Some people on here say that you don't need to have forcing cone work done when shooting TSS. I was unlucky. This barrel did, bad from factory.

Spurs Up

Glad to hear you had a great experience. Now I'm curious as to the make and model of your gun.

Greg Massey

tracker#1

The gun belongs to my daughter and I think I'm going to steal it from her.....870