turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

First Merriam. Unreal.

Started by kytrkyhntr, May 21, 2019, 10:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kytrkyhntr

He gobbled 2 times on the limb. Gobbled about 40 on the ground. I got to watch this turkey strut and gobble and he was hands down the most beautiful turkey I've ever went after. Luckily he gobbled so much. I wasn't set up close enough and his loud mouth got him in trouble. He's at the taxidermist now. First bird I've ever had mounted. My season is over, but I'll think about this turkey forever.
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

davisd9

Congratulations! Photo hint, tie him up to that pump house or lay him on top next time so we can see the whole bird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

zelmo1

Beautiful bird bro, Congrats

turkeymanjim

Nice hunt and great gobbler. I'm a pa boy and still can remember my first merriam turkey. I look at him everyday.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Prohunter3509

Beautiful bird
Got my first merriam this year just last week
Them birds are pretty

Hobbes

Congrats on your first Merriam's.  He's a beauty.  Looks like NE or SD country?

land cruiser

I think I need to get me a Merriam :) congratulations on a beautiful bird

HookedonHooks

The Merriams have that darker iridescence in their breast feather that truly is an amazing sight for those of us that are in Eastern country. I think a New Mexico or Washington pure white tipped Merriam is about as pretty as a turkey gets.

Caleb7mm

Awesome!!!! I'm heading out next year for one.

ejhandler

kytrkyhntr

Added another photo, hope it gives y'all a better idea of how pretty he was. Thanks for all the kind words. He was beautiful. And yes I was in central Nebraska. Close to arnold if you're familiar with that area
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

Yoteduster

Congrats on a beautiful bird and your right there's nothing prettier  than a true merriam's I am so thankful that we have them here and I can hunt them every spring

Spitten and drummen

Thats a pretty bird. Congrats!
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Roost 1

Hobbes

I've not hunted that part of NE, but I have hunted the northeast corner in the ponderosa on multiple occasions.

Congrats again.  That second photo is your best of those two :icon_thumright: