OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Pot call recommendations  (Read 2368 times)

Offline Techn9cian02

Pot call recommendations
« on: May 19, 2019, 01:51:53 PM »
I currently have a
Blue Mahoe ceramic
Blue Mahoe/Padauk/Holly laminate glass and aluminum (All from stumpy)
Lonzo Birdseye maple slate
Crystal mistress

Anything that would compliment those or something that’s been a proven killer for you. I’m probably going to get 2 or 3 new calls before next season, one will definitely be slate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JLH

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Pot call recommendations
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 02:09:46 PM »
Buster Halford makes a heck of a pot call.

His red slate is on fire!! And id imagine anything else he makes is going to soon replace some of your favorites!

Offline zsully

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 02:23:27 PM »
Sweetbriar glass/slate in a white walnut pot has been my go to this year. Killed a handful with it this year.

Offline MDTOM84

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 02:31:01 PM »
MAC Walnut green slate

Offline Gog1015

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 02:43:09 PM »
I would add a green slate and a red slate, lots of good makers out there, but Buster Halford is hard to beat for the price. His Osage glass over slate is great as well.

Offline Buckrub

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 05:22:11 PM »
 A  John Sinclair Titanium over Slate has brought a lot of birds to their demise for me !!!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 05:39:04 PM by Buckrub »

Offline dixiemagnum80

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2019, 01:48:58 PM »
I have to agree with everyone on this. Busters slate and glass calls are excellent. For the price and availability I’d be ordering from him if I was you. After season I’m going to put in for another order.

Offline shoer2

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2019, 01:56:17 PM »
Busters red slate is a great call.

Offline Gobbler2577

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2019, 03:28:51 PM »
I really appreciate the kind words guys.  Really this year has been a whirlwind of new things and I am not sure I have fully realized all of it yet.  I am still working my list down and hoping to be caught up shortly.  That being said, I MUST get my shop insulated and air conditioned before long so expect some down time soon.  I can handle getting a little cold, but I cant work in this heat for very long.  I want to thank everyone who has bought calls and also those who have sent buddies to me.  This time last year I never dreamed anyone would ever want what I made.  I must say that getting to meet so many folks has been the high point of it all and I must say I have new friends that have become very dear to me.  I will continue to do my best to get calls made to the best of my ability and shipped quickly.  Thank you all very much.
Buster.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2019, 05:22:03 PM »
Schaffer Atomic 13, prob my most successful call. MAC or Blackstone anondized aluminum, run em you’ll see why. Got a Lonzo Green slate that I used 3 times this year. Once a bird hung up just under 50, once I killed a double beard and the last time a friend n I doubled. First time I ever messed w green slate. Suffice to say not last.
Another call seems to be losing steam is Dawkins stoned aluminum. Seems pierce the woods and get em to gobble when others won’t.
No call is guaranteed so just get something you don’t have. These are good suggestions to consider

Offline va longbeard

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2019, 06:31:08 PM »
Another vote for Buster great slate and glass calls

MAC walnut green slate

Dawkins stoned aluminum

Offline Tomspur

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2019, 06:58:27 PM »
Does anyone have buster halfords contact #

Offline Mathews.1

• Longbeard
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2019, 07:46:35 PM »
Gobbler 2577 send him a pm

Offline REBELYELL

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • 601-384-7427
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2019, 09:26:09 PM »
I really appreciate the kind words guys.  Really this year has been a whirlwind of new things and I am not sure I have fully realized all of it yet.  I am still working my list down and hoping to be caught up shortly.  That being said, I MUST get my shop insulated and air conditioned before long so expect some down time soon.  I can handle getting a little cold, but I cant work in this heat for very long.  I want to thank everyone who has bought calls and also those who have sent buddies to me.  This time last year I never dreamed anyone would ever want what I made.  I must say that getting to meet so many folks has been the high point of it all and I must say I have new friends that have become very dear to me.  I will continue to do my best to get calls made to the best of my ability and shipped quickly.  Thank you all very much.
Buster.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

:icon_thumright:

Offline MK M GOBL

• Double Beard
  • Gobbler Guru
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2019, 10:44:31 PM »
Can't beat a CODY World Class Slate! Been a killer for 20+ years and counting.

I'd be contacting now if looking for next year.

MK M GOBL