turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lucky me

Started by zelmo1, May 17, 2019, 07:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

Well, that's 2 years in a row that I will have knee surgery. May 23rd last year and June 5th this year. I refused to go during turkey season 2 years in a row. I need to get my wife a shot at " Bob's Big Boy" bird she has been chasing. Up at 0300, ice it up, brace on and haul my fat butt out there to call for her. It's tough, I am tagged out and hurting. But how can I say no to her, she held up on a Tom last Saturday so my daughter could get a shot. Neither had killed a Tom up until that day. My daughter hammered him and my wife got a jake. I owe her . Sorry, just me whining  :OGturkeyhead: :funnyturkey:

Spring Creek Calls

Good luck to your wife with Big Boy and to you for a successful surgery.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Yoteduster

Good luck on you surgery and congrats to you daughter and wife on their birds hopefully she connects 2ith a big one

ejhandler

Good luck to your wife and good luck to you for better health!

Rapscallion Vermilion

My hunting buddy here in NM just went in for his first knee last Friday.  Watching him hobble his way up a ridge during the season was impressive.  I know he was in pain; had to admire that perseverance.  Like you, there was no way he was going in while turkey season was still open.  Good luck to you on your surgery. 

Sir-diealot

Best of luck on the surgery and to your wife. I got in to have my left shoulder operated on again 2 days later.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Rzrbac

Been there. Had a knee replacement and it came loose. My doctor said he it needed replaced immediately. He was much more experienced than the first doctor. I told him I would like to wait until January so I could bow hunt. He thought I was crazy. Took my best buck ever on Oct 22. It was worth it but I wasn't in good enough shape to drag him out. Luckily had a buddy there to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk