OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Supplies for the purrfect call kit  (Read 3788 times)

Offline patoad

Supplies for the purrfect call kit
« on: May 17, 2019, 05:10:55 PM »
So I have the purrfect call kit that my wife got me, and I ran out of materials that came with the kit. I’m trying to find latex that will fit this, which are 2 1/4 inches long. Has anyone found materials that will fit that kit elsewhere? The selections available on their website are very limited.  Thanks

Offline SCGobbler

• Ya can't fix stupid!
Re: Supplies for the purrfect call kit
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 09:16:57 AM »
According to this vide:
https://youtu.be/STn3LRtx9LA

He sells the refill kits as well.
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

Offline patoad

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 09:58:20 PM »
Thanks, I saw that. They do have the refill kits but only one thickness of latex, hoping to find someone who sells that length but in varying thickness of material...so far it sounds like I may be limited to this kits materials. Pretty disappointing.

Offline mspaci

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 06:04:42 AM »
You can get roll of latex ftom pioneer and cut to length

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 08:58:42 AM »
First off, I am not trying to offend anybody with these comments.  Please don't be.  Just stating my opinion based on my past experience with the product. 

I had one of those kits from long ago when they first came out,...don't know where it is, but I couldn't find it.  I was going to see if there was any way to use the standard cut latex with it.  I suppose it will show up at some point,...probably in a box in a corner somewhere.

Here are my honest thoughts on that product.  It was a good idea when it came out, but the mouth call making process has gone far beyond what that kit can do.  In my opinion, you will quickly see its limitations and outgrow it,...at least that is what happened to me.  My advice is to not get too invested in materials for that kit.  I still have latex, frames, and tapes for it lying around somewhere. 

Having said that, you might find that you can make calls with the kit that fit your calling style purrrfectly.  However, I am betting that you will want to move on from it fairly quickly.   :)

Offline patoad

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 08:32:33 PM »
Yea I am quickly regretting the decision to get that particular kit. Price was right but I didn’t realize the limitations. Calls I made were ok and I killed birds with them this year but they are not quite what I am looking for. Will have to upgrade this summer.
Thanks guys!

Offline featheridge

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2019, 08:53:50 AM »
Feather Ridge Hand jig will use any size and style frame ! contact me by email at Featherridge@woh.rr.com