OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Mossberg 500 Super Bantom  (Read 1698 times)

Offline JeepKuntry

Mossberg 500 Super Bantom
« on: May 17, 2019, 03:15:35 PM »
I think this is the gun I plan to purchase for my daughter. She's 8 now, will be 9 next spring. 75lbs. and 4'4" tall. I think this will be a great first gun. The only issue is nowhere close has it in inventory. Looking for insight. I know it mentions 12" or 13" lop. Am I correct to assume they will only send it in one size? Or will they include 2 spacers if I order the 12"? Also, what choke would you recommend.

Offline paboxcall

• Paintbrush Beard
  • That's this about that
Re: Mossberg 500 Super Bantom
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 03:28:20 PM »
I found a "used" 20 gauge on gunbroker late winter and yes it comes with a spacer to increase the LOP. Mossy Oak New Breakup, and not a speck of dirt on it, a true safe queen. I paid $300+ FFL transfer fee to a guy local to me, and came with the 22" smooth bore and 24" rifled barrel with fiber optic adjustable sights.

I'm shooting 2.75" shell, with 1 3/8" oz. of TSS #9s using the IC .555 choke tube.

Hope this helps.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer