OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: fools and they're money!  (Read 4107 times)

Offline trkehunr93

• Double Beard
  • BOOM!! FLOP!!
Re: fools and they're money!
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2019, 01:51:40 PM »
Wish I had a handful of the Lynch foolproof calls, they are bring stupid money on ebay
Never would have thought that call would bring those prices, crazy. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline owlhoot

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2019, 01:53:41 PM »
Give me a Good box call!

Get a bunch of calls . Whichever ones will go for stupid money after they were not that good and will sell high on ebay.

Offline gaturkeyhunter

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2019, 07:26:09 PM »
Ha try. Niel Cost box call.  200 ain't even cheap.

Offline hush

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2019, 08:19:11 PM »
Must be a super fool! I have three of those Haints! If anyone can help me learn to play ‘em...

Offline TRG3

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2019, 08:35:20 PM »
For several years, the Primos Gobble tube has been my main call, especially in the late season when the dominate tom is short of hens and an intruder gobbler is the last thing he needs to contend with. This year, it took an hour to convince him to come and check me out before he got to ride in my truck. In my experience, the life of a gobble tube is a couple of years. I've got two new gobble tubes still in the package when my current one gives up the ghost.

Offline Full strut

• Woooo Pig Sooie
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2019, 10:25:37 PM »
I just sold one on here for $50. Looks like I’m the fool!

Offline joey46

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2019, 05:38:01 AM »
I have two, a wood one and a plastic one. They work real good as a locater call, but you have to blow them like a duck call feeding chatter - a rapid fire tucka, tucka, tucka...Not the rolling tongue method that they recommend. I should sell them - I have a Hale Fire that I think sounds better.

I've been a K & H guy for years but that Hale Fire frustrated me until I finally gave up.  Never could catch on to how it worked.  Never saw a casual hunter that could either.  I don't think they sell it anymore. 

Offline Shiloh

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2019, 07:11:48 AM »
I’ve got an old Ashby gobble box that I’m fond of for gobbling. 

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2019, 07:38:10 AM »
I have to admit that in passing I`ve wondered what Mr. Harold`s strikers will be going for in a couple of years. By the way, I`m not insinuating in any way that anyone who would pay above what Mr. Harold would have charged for one of his originals would be a " fool ". I would probably be sorely tempted myself! Like most everyone with whom he came in contact, I have great respect for Mr. Harold and his craftsmanship.

Of course, who in their right mind would sell one anyway?

Offline merriamsman

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2019, 11:26:39 AM »
I have two, a wood one and a plastic one. They work real good as a locater call, but you have to blow them like a duck call feeding chatter - a rapid fire tucka, tucka, tucka...Not the rolling tongue method that they recommend. I should sell them - I have a Hale Fire that I think sounds better.

I've been a K & H guy for years but that Hale Fire frustrated me until I finally gave up.  Never could catch on to how it worked.  Never saw a casual hunter that could either.  I don't think they sell it anymore.

If you can do the feeding chatter on a duck call, you can make a good gobble on the Haint or the Hale Fire. It’s tucka, tucka, tucka...in rapid succession. You have to hit it hard and loud. Also, cup your hands to make a sound chamber and create back pressure. When done properly it sounds more like a real gobble than any other call. I like the Hale Fire because it is higher pitched and sounds more like a jake or young two-year old bird.

Offline MISSISSIPPI Double beard

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2019, 02:32:18 PM »
I just sold one on here for $50. Looks like I’m the fool!
I tried to sale one for $45.00. No interest in mine.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Offline Rapscallion Vermilion

• Longbeard
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2019, 07:17:03 PM »

If you can do the feeding chatter on a duck call, you can make a good gobble on the Haint or the Hale Fire. It’s tucka, tucka, tucka...in rapid succession. You have to hit it hard and loud. Also, cup your hands to make a sound chamber and create back pressure. When done properly it sounds more like a real gobble than any other call. I like the Hale Fire because it is higher pitched and sounds more like a jake or young two-year old bird.
I can do a pretty mean feeding chuckle on a duck call and tried that with my Haint.  No dice.  Honestly, I questioned the reed placement on the call and tried to take mine apart.  It wouldn't budge and rather than risk breaking it, I sold it.

Offline RutnNStrutn

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2019, 07:11:58 PM »
A good friend of mine has one, I'm thinking it's time to get him to list it!! Beer money!!!  :turkey2:
:TooFunny:
I'd say something, but I fell for the MAD "Dead Silence" call when that came out :TooFunny: so I don't have anything to say.......other than I will NEVER buy any MAD products again. ::)
I bought a Haint when they first came out. Got it to work decent when I'm at home, but when I'm in the woods I blow on it too hard and it sounds like someone is choking a goose. ;D  :TooFunny:

Offline PSEoutlaw07

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2019, 07:59:54 PM »
I had one I never used just sold on ebay for 95 bucks
And I won it in nashville years back

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2019, 03:04:03 PM »
When they first came out I rounded the corner to see a sales associate it BPS take one out of the box try to make it gobble...couldn't do it and just put it back on the shelf... :-X