turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

fools and they're money!

Started by jblackburn, May 17, 2019, 02:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jblackburn

First of all, to each their own! People can (and should) be able to spend their money on whatever they want, but can someone attempt to explain to me the appeal of the old Haint gobble calls and why they are listed for over $200 on eBay? there's actually one with 9 bids going for over $100 right now!

I've attempted to blow one and I personally think it's terrible. A good friend of mine has one, I'm thinking it's time to get him to list it!! Beer money!!!  :turkey2:
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

LaLongbeard

There is no shortage to the number of people that will pay anything and some will do anything to be successful....except spend the time and effort to learn to hunt. 
There is not now or ever has been any magic call, camo,gun, shell, blind decoy or anything else that will substitute hunting abilities. And unfortunately for some hunting abilities cannot be sold or purchased.
Yet they line up to try lol.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Rapscallion Vermilion

Quote from: jblackburn on May 17, 2019, 02:43:48 PM
I've attempted to blow one and I personally think it's terrible.
I thought mine was too. Sounded too high pitched and could not slow down the modulation enough to sound like a gobble. Could have used it as a duck call, but sold it for what it cost.

Candyman

I think a tube call in the hands of a proficient tube caller sounds better than this Haint. Plus a tube is more versatile. 

Spitten and drummen

A fool and his money soon depart.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

MK M GOBL

I had an old Red Wolfe's gobble shaker that had killed a few birds for me, but the vest I had back then was not the best design and I lost it somewhere while run & gun, same way I "lost" my CODY... Got rid of that vest.

MK M GOBL

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: MK M GOBL on May 17, 2019, 06:01:38 PM
I had an old Red Wolfe's gobble shaker that had killed a few birds for me, but the vest I had back then was not the best design and I lost it somewhere while run & gun, same way I "lost" my CODY... Got rid of that vest.

MK M GOBL

I would have stomped it to pieces , then douse it with gas and set it on fire.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Greg Massey

Quote from: LaLongbeard on May 17, 2019, 03:27:42 PM
There is no shortage to the number of people that will pay anything and some will do anything to be successful....except spend the time and effort to learn to hunt. 
There is not now or ever has been any magic call, camo,gun, shell, blind decoy or anything else that will substitute hunting abilities. And unfortunately for some hunting abilities cannot be sold or purchased.
Yet they line up to try lol.
X2 .. amen great post ... boots on the ground and spending time in the woods and HUNTING ABILITIES

merriamsman

I have two, a wood one and a plastic one. They work real good as a locater call, but you have to blow them like a duck call feeding chatter - a rapid fire tucka, tucka, tucka...Not the rolling tongue method that they recommend. I should sell them - I have a Hale Fire that I think sounds better.

Greg Massey

Quote from: MK M GOBL on May 17, 2019, 06:01:38 PM

MK M GOBL
Don't blame you , can you give me location of were you lost the Cody call...

zelmo1

Never heard one that sounded even tolerable  :OGturkeyhead:

SinGin

Wish I had a handful of the Lynch foolproof calls, they are bring stupid money on ebay

eddie234

I have an old slate thunderdome, I've seen them go for stupid money in eBay also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tomstopper

Had one and sold it a couple years ago

bbcoach