OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Aimpoint Micro S-1  (Read 3811 times)

Offline mcw3734

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
Aimpoint Micro S-1
« on: May 15, 2019, 12:11:44 AM »
I'm totally new to optics on turkey guns, but I'm looking at putting a red dot on my SP-10 for next year. I came across this Aimpoint Micro S-1 and I liked what I saw because it doesn't look like I have to do any drilling into my gun, which I would like to avoid if possible. The price is steep, for sure.

I know it's a fairly new, but has anybody used it? Also, their web site shows it only on trap/skeet guns. How well will it hold up to the recoil of a 10 gauge shooting 2.5 oz loads?

Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Offline jryser

Re: Aimpoint Micro S-1
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 01:59:37 AM »
Yes I have and I like it. Here’s a video with it on my 1962 Auto 5 Sweet 16 / since moved to a Beretta A400 Extreme bc I like the gobble dot better on my Auto 5’s!!!  Let me know if you have questions!!

https://youtu.be/vu2a5fxqiMc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline deadbuck

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 09:39:06 AM »
I cant comment about the rib mount system, but I will say that I have owned several brands of red dot type optics and Aimpoint is absolutely the cadillac of them all.

Offline mcw3734

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2019, 11:27:14 PM »
Jryser, thanks for the video link. Very cool to see!

Deadbuck - could you (or anybody here) tell me why Aimpoint is so much better than the rest? Reliability? Image clarity? Is it something I'll really be sorry I didn't get if...  say...  I end up buying a Vortex Venom?

I've never used a red dot sight, so I'm not even sure what I need to be considering. Thank you again for the input!

Offline USMC0331

• Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 12:16:01 AM »
Aimpoint has been combat proven  ( works in harsh environments, very long battery life)and is the main reason for cost. Yes a venom or FF3 with work for Turkey at a cheaper price.

Offline Britton40

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2019, 01:08:35 PM »
Steve Mann hunts with one on his M1 12 ga. He likes it.

Offline deadbuck

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2019, 01:46:43 PM »
Jryser, thanks for the video link. Very cool to see!

Deadbuck - could you (or anybody here) tell me why Aimpoint is so much better than the rest? Reliability? Image clarity? Is it something I'll really be sorry I didn't get if...  say...  I end up buying a Vortex Venom?

I've never used a red dot sight, so I'm not even sure what I need to be considering. Thank you again for the input!

When you take an Aimpoint out of the box and hold it in your hands you can tell instantly that it is a quality product that can be relied upon. The tradeoff is the ridiculous price and the fact that they are hard to resell later without taking a big bath.

Offline mcw3734

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2019, 04:08:19 PM »
Well, I did it, I bought an Aimpoint Micro S-1 late last night. I did the research and just felt it was the best solution for what I was looking for. I look forward to receiving it and getting it set up on my SP-10.

Wanted to give a heads-up to that site I bought it from: Gnarly Gorilla. I never heard of it but they had a screaming deal, almost $200 off from most anyplace else I searched. Apparently, I bought the last one they have. Seems they have all Aimpoint stuff at very good prices.

https://gnarlygorilla.com/aimpoint-micro-s-1with-mount-matte-black/

Again, thank you all for your input!

Offline deadbuck

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2019, 02:47:08 PM »
Had never heard of the gnarly gorilla. Went to their site this am and checked their price on a high end Leupold scope I want and they were about $50 cheaper than anywhere I could find but they were out of that model. Got one off Ebay.

Offline richards

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2019, 09:33:55 AM »
Contact me I'll sell you my used Aimpoint S-1 at a great price.  I've had it three years.  It's in good condition, works great.

Thanks