OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Tube calls for goose hunting  (Read 2130 times)

Offline Mnrookie

Tube calls for goose hunting
« on: May 26, 2019, 11:40:09 AM »
A long time ago K and Hale made tube goose calls.
Has anyone used a tube goose call and how do you use the call compared to a Turkey tube call?
Thanks in advance for any help.
I did watch a few you tube videos and when you learn how to run that tube call, game over.

Offline tal

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
Re: Tube calls for goose hunting
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 06:14:52 PM »
The K&H goose tube is formed exactly like a turkey tube they marketed for years, minus the lip rest. A learning point on the goose tube is when you can get the 'break' of a goose honk. Practice until you get a 'double' high/low sound, it'll be just like a train whistle. I prefer heavier latex than my turkey tubes. Harold used an extra heavy thickness latex where I like a heavy. Of course he's 10x the caller... LOL. 

Offline Mnrookie

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 11:49:51 PM »
Yes he is an impressive caller.
What size of thickness would you try on the goose tune call?

Offline Mnrookie

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 11:50:54 PM »
What is a thickness of the diaphragm would you recommend and how to find them?

Offline tal

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2019, 10:05:22 AM »
 I don't have a measurement (.006, .008, etc) and I just looked, no thickness on the box just says medium thickness. Like I said, I like medium for turkey and heavy for goose. If you google search dental rubber dam you will find it is popular as a sex accessory for some. Makes it too expensive to buy if available at all. Wholesalers and dental supply will not sell to an individual. Talk to some local dentists, tell'em you're a turkey hunter and would like to buy some latex. I keep mine in the bottom of the refrigerator out of the light and heat, lasts a long time. The sheets come in 5x5 and 6x6 with around 50 sheets to a box depending on thickness, company, etc.

Offline Mnrookie

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2019, 01:22:40 PM »
Thank you