OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Scotts Cutter Box Calls  (Read 2342 times)

Ben1100mag

Scotts Cutter Box Calls
« on: May 13, 2019, 10:18:28 AM »
I have several Box calls made by Mr. Jack Scott. Everyone of them is an excellent caller. Does anyone on here use them? 

Offline ElkTurkMan

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Re: Scotts Cutter Box Calls
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 12:10:37 PM »
I have one of his wormy Chestnut Boxes, I use it every spring, In fact it was the first custom call I purchased.  Mr. Jack and Mrs. Shirley are great Folks. Is Jack still making calls?  I know he quit going to shows but was curious if he was still building calls.       

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 09:14:57 AM »
Does he have a website or facebook page?

Offline nitro

• Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 06:20:47 PM »
Last I heard, Mr Jack had retired from making calls due to advanced age and health issues. He doesn't have a web page and probably doesn't know, nor care about Facepage.

Mr Jack was heavily involved in the success of the re-population efforts of the Wild turkey in the state of Georgia. He and Mrs Shirley are of the finest kind. Dang fine folks.

One of many fond memories of Mr Jack involved sharing a meal and a campfire at Piedmont NWR in the mid 80s. Listening to him talk of his love for and involvement with the trap and transfer program that expanded turkeys all over the state of GA. He caught his fair share and killed a tall stack of them. Mrs Shirley could kill em too. I am blessed to have some fine examples of his Scott's Cutter in my collection.
Royal Slam 2008

Offline 2nd 100

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 08:04:29 AM »
Mr Jack has retired from making calls , sold last he had stored up about mid 2017. I have known Mr Jack and Ms Shirley since I was a kid . Great people and yes they BOTH have killed a large pile of Gobblers. I have @ 15 Scott's cutters and a one side short box and 2 doubleside boxes. And own the very Doug Camp Screaming hen he patterened the Cutter after at the request of his Tech 1( Game Management) Randy Wood way back there in the late 1980's . it took some tutelage from Mr Jack and Ms Shirley both to get me to be able to run one BUT now they run like a charm . BTY the best one I own came from a piece of eucalyptus I comandeered from a wood yard in Lake city Fla that was transported from Mexico by CSXT railroad . only 3 were ever made 2 reside in Roddy Ga , one at my house and 1 at my Buddies the other went to a collector in North Ga.

Offline 2nd 100

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2019, 08:09:36 AM »
Also as nitro said , Mr Jack ( Ocmulgee and a few other middle GA WMA's )and Tom Bilderback ( Cedar Creek WMA ) were responsible for more trap and transfer projects than any 2 people in GA DNR history .

Offline Spitten and drummen

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2019, 09:44:11 AM »
Last I heard , he had a assistant making them.
“ RANGERS LEAD THE WAY”
“QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME “ ~ INFANTRY
“DEATH FROM ABOVE “ ~ AIRBORNE