OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Kanasa 2020?  (Read 2832 times)

Offline Gentry

Re: Kanasa 2020?
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2019, 09:20:06 PM »
Yup, good ol days of Kansas are over and will never be the same thanks to forums and social media. Gotta get there much earlier now, not good late into May like it used to be.
Sad but true. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Kansan

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2019, 12:37:16 AM »
I disagree. The public land certainly gets a lot of pressure now a days, but the turkey hunting on private land is still great. With states like Nebraska getting a lot more attention as of late, there’s no reason the hunting on public land won’t improve as the pressure eases off.

Offline Britton40

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2019, 09:53:03 AM »
Yup, good ol days of Kansas are over and will never be the same thanks to forums and social media. Gotta get there much earlier now, not good late into May like it used to be.

Exactly

Offline deerhunt1988

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2019, 11:41:00 AM »
:
I disagree. The public land certainly gets a lot of pressure now a days, but the turkey hunting on private land is still great. With states like Nebraska getting a lot more attention as of late, there’s no reason the hunting on public land won’t improve as the pressure eases off.

I was referring to the public.

Offline Delmar ODonnell

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2019, 05:28:26 PM »
I hunted North Central Kansas from Sunday- Wednesday this past week and was able to get 2 birds on WIHA. That being said, it was an all out grind. It’s certainly doable, but in no way is it easy. Finding birds requires a lot of driving and walking. I would drive and check out the same area at different points in the day, making a rotation from spot to spot. I would also be on the lookout for birds on the surrounding properties to get an idea of how they use the area. Those birds cover a lot of ground, and many of the WIHA are smaller acreage, so they may not be on the property but for a small time, if at all. On top of that, most of the areas are several miles apart. It’s not the typical “fun” you’ll have finding birds on a big continuous parcel, and at some point it just flat out sucks having to be in a truck to go to a place you may not have confidence in. Certainly rewarding getting one, but very different from what I’m used to in the Southeast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk